f i v e

a/n: i kinda said in some few chapters ago that ill finish this book by the end of june. im bluffing. thought i could finish, but i can't focus on writing. i published 2 new books and my ps3 is very distracting.

p r e s e n t

2 months later. . .

ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴇɴᴛᴀʟ ɢᴛ ᴄᴀʀ

ʙᴀᴄᴋꜱᴇᴀᴛ

7:16 ᴀᴍ

I have made mistakes
I continue to make them
The promises I've made
I continue to break them

Lauroe glanced behind, only to see the soon 1st year high school Bam, uncomfortably shifting his body on the seat --- eyes closed and face in distress.

Bam didn't expected having such a bad dream on their way to the school. His eyes flee open as he lifted his head against the car window. He couldn't recall anything from his dream but (y/n) telling him that he's only a tool. His heart was pounding so much that he could barely breathe at all.

Afraid. Bam is afraid that (y/n) might have regretted that she met him. He was afraid that everything he shared with (y/n) is wrong.

Bam let out a shaky breath, trying to calm himself down. Lauroe turned around from the front seat and stared at him. "You can still pull back right now, Jihyun. Don't push yourself. Tower Academy has a really different ambience than the other schools."

Bam cleared his thoughts, now feeling better than earlier. He ran his right hand through his hair which has turned into a darker shade than his usual brown hair during his younger days. He then shook his head and answered.

"No. I wanted to follow. . . (y/n)." His voice trailed, envisioning (y/n) having a smile which she rarely shows. If he were to describe it, (y/n)'s smile is like a shooting star; hard to notice but once you'll get a better view, you'll realize how beautiful it is. Besides that, he has a hundred million reasons to follow her.

Lauroe then returned and seated himself properly, wrapped with blankets. His gaze was back on the car window, staring each stalls and buildings that passes by quickly. Lauroe called Bam's attention again and muttered.

"By the way, Dad has put us in the same section. We'll still see each other at the academy."

Bam smiled. "I'm glad to hear that. I mean we seldom see and talk to each other --- "

"No. School is kind of tiring. I'll end up sleeping there." Lauroe says, cutting him off. The green-head added, "Also, don't tell anyone our real names or we're Hans."

With a confused look, Bam asked him. "Why?"

"We don't want to get ourselves in trouble. Assuming if you can make it to the top of the class, you'll get criticized like you only reached that position because you're the son of the school director, something like that." He waved his hand dismissively.

Bam nodded and with that, silence fell in the car.

•••

"Lauroe, wake up." Bam gently squeezed the shoulders of his older brother when their driver pulled into a stop. Both of them went outside as the car zoomed away.

And of course, they quite grabbed a lot of attention. Students were staring at them with narrowed eyes, gossiping.

"Isn't that boy cute?"

"No way he's in highschool. He must have been accompanying his brother."

"That tall male beside him looks weird in those blankets."