Chapter 3- The Annex

chapter 3: the annex

Nick: *answers it* OH GOD YES?!
Ellie: *bursts into laughter*
Nick: oh sorry ma'am, ellie and i will be right there *ends the call*
Ellie: oof. that sounded bad. *still laughing*
Nick: it was SECNAV she wants a briefing on the case
Ellie: ooh. that was harsh.
Nick: yup. we'd better get there. he's going to be here in 10 minutes
Ellie: well let's go then

*5 minutes later in MTAC*
Nick: Sir  i may, whats SECNAV's interest in this case?
Vance: there are marine being used again and again by the silver strangler, first they do his dirty work for him and then he kills them. James Godfrey's DNA was at 2 out of the 5 marines crime scenes most recently at staff sergeant Matthew Wilkins' crime scene.
Ellie: so she wants me to go undercover to try and exploit his inner circle to find the weak link that could leak the information to us.
Vance: which reminds me, Agent Torres that case i assigned you? it has links into this case as well. these links were discovered this weekend while monitoring an exchange between your rogue marine thomas williams and Joshua green- a hired mercenary. green talked about helping williams in for a favour for james godfrey so nick, you'll be joining ellie on this undercover cop.

NICKS HEAD: OH MY FUCKING GOD. ITS HAPPENING *basically is having a party in his head now*
ELLIE'S HEAD: OH SHIT. oh shit. oh shit. i'm so happy OMG WOOOOOO

Nick and Ellie: *together* thank you.
*both smile and laugh*

*1 hour later*

SECNAV: thank you for the briefing. this op will begin in 1 month and it is top secret. the only people to know will be the people present in this room and a few members of the CIA *Mcgee, Gibbs, Vance, Nick, Ellie & SECNAV*
Vance: thank you secretary Porter
*all leave except Nick and Ellie who are sorting out case files*

Nick: ok so we need to go back to the start of the case so we can get up to speed
Ellie: yes but before we do that we need to go to the annex to get the rest of the case files.
Nick: but the annex is honestly such a spooky place. and i don't do that spooky scary shenanigans
Ellie: why? you get haunted as a kid?
Nick: *sarcastically* haha *mumbles* maybe
Ellie: *laughs* i heard that

*10 minutes later *
Nick and Ellie are in the annex looking for the case files just talking about what happened on their favourite tv show Legends Of Tomorrow last night*
Nick: Sara was so badass in that episode
Ellie: are you sure YOU don't fancy her?
Nick: nah she's more Avas type but Nate is definitely still in love with Zari even if it's a new Zari
Ellie: Definitely. Zari and Nate are so cute together.

*suddenly the doors shut and alarms are blaring*

Ellie: what the hell's going on?
Nick: *checks his phone* i have no signal.
Ellie: the alarm only goes off in emergencies like if the annex was getting robbed and cell signal's only cut if the navy yards being robbed
Nick: *hears footsteps and whispers* we're the only ones here right?
Ellie: *whispers* yeah why?
Nick: *whispers* then why can i hear footsteps ?