Chapter 10- The Murders Happening

Author Note: I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for making "Do You Like Me Too" #3 on "Ellick"!! I'm soso grateful this started as an idea I had at night and now I love that everyone is supporting it! Thank you so much I love you all! ❤️✨

*nick and ellie open the door to see McGee at the door*

Ellie: Tim you gave us a right scare. what the hell are you doing here?
*Nick closes the door*
McGee: well sorry to barge in on your little rendezvous but i have some new classified information you need to know.
Nick: ok. but let's be clear that this is not a "rendezvous" it's a *says this really awkwardly* gAtHeRiNg?
*Tim and Ellie look at Nick like he was a clown*
Tim: ok this took a weird turn.
*Ellie, Tim and Nick walk to the briefing room which really was just another abandoned bedroom*
Tim: right so basically we've found out that James Godfrey is the nephew of Lukas Ingrïd the infamous criminal who was as killed by US Marines. That case was classified for 10 years. The only reason we know is because an NCIS agent was involved in the case.
Ellie: Let me guess. Leroy Jethro Gibbs?
Tim: yeah. we need you to be careful because although his inner circle is small, he has a mass of men at his disposal. Be careful
Nick: Tim. when are we not careful?
Tim: Last week when you spilt coffee on the floor.
Nick: I meant case wise and we do not bring up the coffee thing again.
Ellie: *rolls her eyes at this little bromance* So there is actually a chance we could die in this operation?
Tim: yes. i'm so sorry.
Nick: we'll be ok. has gibbs updated you ?
tim: yes and we've contacted the governor's office but now you actually need to sleep because it's 1:00am.
Ellie: *takes tim to the door* be safe tim *hugs him and waits for him to leave*

The Next Morning

Ellie wakes up to the smell of waffles and pancakes. She comes down to see Nick actually cooking. Another reason she's fallen for Nick.

Ellie: morning.
Nick: morning
Ellie: Last night I had an idea for how to get away with the murder, however it means the governor loses his job.
Nick: go on then
Ellie: *sits on the dining table* So godfrey is only looking for pictures right?
nick: *is finishing of the breakfast* right?
Ellie: so why don't we ask the governor if we could go to his home and it makes it seem like we've killed him. but we haven't really?
Nick: *brings breakfast to Ellie* that's actually a decent idea. but we need permission from the director and the governor.
Ellie: well I've messaged Sloane, securely by the way, to let the director know. she should be letting me know any minute. *starts to eat*
this is actually unreal. how did you learn to cook like this?
Nick: believe it or not my mom. she's an amazing cook. she cooked for us all the time when me and Lucia were living at home. Now when it's Thanksgiving, me, Lucia & Amanda go there and my mom actually gave me her recipe book this year so i could find a new hobby
ellie: at my thanksgiving, it's me, my brothers, their wives and kids and mom and dad. i'm the only single one left ever since i got divorced from Jake. he's just an asshole
Nick: what happened?
Ellie: Son of a Bitch was cheating on me with Taylor Matthews at the NSA. I heard they're engaged or something I couldn't care less.
Nick: i'd love to teach him a lesson or 2
Ellie: same *finishes her breakfast*
that was phenomenal.
*text alert*
ooh that's Sloane. The director approves. Only one thing left. Contact the governor.
Nick: I guess the murder's happening then.