Hyuga Neji x Reader

"Y/N, wake up or you'll be late for school!" You hear your sister, Yamanaka Ino yelled.

"Ino... I'm tired..." You mumbled while getting out of bed.

"You sleep too much and it's bad for your health" says Ino.

"I sleep for 8 hours a day" You insisted and as you make your way out of your room, you suddenly fell over.

"Oh my- Y/N! What's wrong?!" Ino questioned while supporting you.

"Gomen! I'm just tired" You said.

Ino didn't exactly believed you and reaches to feel your forehead. Ino gasp.

"You're sick Y/N! You shouldn't go to school today" says Ino.

"I'll be fine Ino. Don't worry about me" You assured.

"But..."

"I'm fine Ino" You assured again.

"But-"

You ignored your sister's words and eventually got ready to go to school. Ino sighs as the both of you headed for school, Konoha High School.

You and Ino later split up as the both of you were in different class. You went to your seat and instantly place your head on the table.

After a while, you felt someone calling out to you and also shaking you. You groan as you wake up to see three of your friends, Tenten, Rock Lee and Hyuga Neji.

"Tenten-chan, Lee-kun, Neji-san" You mumbled.

"Ino told us that you're not feeling well" says Tenten as she feels your forehead.

"I'm fine Tenten-chan" You said.

"If you're sick you shouldn't have come to school!" Neji lectured.

"Neji, don't be so rough with her" says Tenten.

"Do you need medication? I've got some here. Guy-sensei gave this to me and said that a drink of this will make you all better in just a few hours!" Says Lee.

"I just need some rest and I'll be fine but thanks for the suggestion Lee-kun" You said.

"You better go home" says Neji.

"But... The project. I don't want to burden you all just because I'm sick" You said.

"How could you still worry about the project at the point? Your health is more important!" Neji lectures.

"Alright class begins now!" Your teacher enters and everyone got back to their seats.

In the midst you were trying your best to focus but your sickness was getting to you. Luckily you manage to hold until the end of the day.

You were changing your shoes when it started to rain heavily and you look outside with a tired sigh. Ino had a last minute emergency meeting so she won't be able to accompany you home.

Plus the fact that Tenten lives in the opposite direction of you, you didn't want to trouble her and you just weren't that with Lee, knowing he has a really unique and eccentric personality.

"I don't have an umbrella too..." You mumbled.

You were thinking of running through the rain when you notice an umbrella was held over you. You turn and gasp to see it is none other than Neji.

"N-Neji-san?"

"I hope you're not planning on running in the rain with that condition of yours" He said sternly.

"N-No! I-I totally wasn't planning on doing that!" You denied.

"*sigh* Come on. I'll take you home" says Neji.

"Ehh? But I thought you usually go with Hinata-chan?" You ask.

"Hinata-sama is having counselling with Kurenai-sensei so she'd be home later. Less talking, let's go" says Neji.

You remain silent but eventually let Neji walk you home. On the way, your condition was slowly worsening as you were feeling dizzy.

Eventually you ended up collapsing, much to Neji's shock. He then carries you home which luckily, no one was around and he knew where you had kept your house keys.

He opens the door and let himself in while carrying you to your room. Ahem, you and Neji are particularly closer than you are with Lee or Tenten.

When you open your eyes, you found yourself in your room. You slowly turn your head to see Neji sleeping by the chair.

You got up and a towel fell. You started to blush when you started having several conclusions but eventually smiled.

"You're awake" You hear Neji say.

"Neji-san... Are you the one who took care of me?" You ask.

"Well yeah. Ino isn't back yet. Seems like your fever is down too" says Neji.

"Arigatou Neji-san and... Gomen" You said.

"Aa long as you take care of your health, there's no need to apologize. I should be going" says Neji as he gets up to leave.

"You're not staying for dinner?" You ask.

"It's best not to cook when you're sick. But I did buy porridge for you. So you can heat it up later" says Neji.

"I'm really thankful Neji-san" You said.

"No need to thank me. I'm going now. Take care" says Neji and he left and you could swore you saw a gentle smile.