Bicycle

A.N Just a small flashback filler I had pre-written to post while I'm drowning in assignments, haha, the iconic stuff be coming soon

Lexi walked home from school with Adam, okay well not really, she took the car.

The girl had placed herself on her boyfriends back as he walked down the street.

She had her eyes shut as she rested her chin on Adams's shoulder. "I love you gorgeous" she mumbled randomly, causing the boy to laugh.

"I love you too Cutie, why so random though?" he questioned her, the girl shrugged, she didn't really know why she did it, she just felt like letting him know.

"Just cause," she said tiredly as she leant around the boy and kissed his cheek.

Adam smiled, feeling a slight blush tint his cheeks, no matter how long they had been dating, hearing the phrase I love you still made his heart skip a beat.

"Alex wants to go on a bike ride when we get back", Adam informed the girl, Lexi thought for a moment

"You go, I'm not the biggest fan of bikes," she said calmly, keeping her eyes shut.

Adam laughed slightly, she'd never been fond of riding bikes. "Why? You had a good teacher" the boy said with a smirk, causing Lexi to pop and eye open and jokingly pat his head.

Lexi, Adam and Alex were riding their bikes around the cul de sac that the Banks and Summer families lived on, the three children happily riding around in circles.

Ellie would usually be with them but she had a doctors appointment so she would be joining the three later.

The children were racing around, 5-year-old Lexi quite a bit slower than the 6-year-old bigger boys.

The girl gasped slightly as she was pulled to a stop, her head turned and she noticed McGill standing above her smirking.

The boy had a love-hate relationship with the core 4, he was 7 so he was a year and a bit older then the rest, they all seemed to be friends most of the time but the small girl tended to find herself as McGill's target, she'd later find out it was because he had a crush on her and didn't know how to express his emotions.

"Hi Dave!" the girl said, sending him a big smile, the boy just looked at her bike and let out a small laugh.

"You still have training wheels?" he teased.

The girl nodded, she was confused "Yeah, Daddy hasn't had time to teach me how to ride without them" she said simply, her dad seemed to miss out on a lot of things.

Despite being her best friend and only being 20 months older than the girl Adam was practically raising her, he'd taught her how to tie her shoes and helped her when she learnt to skate.

"You're such a baby," he said in a mocking tone, looking down on her as she frowned. "You're too old for training wheels Lexi," he said to her as she looked down at her bike.

The girl felt sadness, somehow Dave McGill always seemed to make her upset.

She noticed Adam and Alex heading back towards them and quickly hopped off of her bike, not wanting to be around McGill any longer but not wanting her two best friends to see her sadness.

The girl wheeled the bike to her driveway, letting it drop and walking inside her house, shutting her front door.

Adam watched as the small girl hopped off her bike and went inside, he frowned as he looked to Alex who shrugged before hopping off his bike as the two arrived at McGill.

"Is Lex okay?" Alex asked the older boy, "Why did she go inside?".

Before McGill could answer the front door was thrown open and a 10-year-old Isaac Summer stormed out, his eyes landing on the three boys as he approached them.

Adam's eyes widened in fear, despite only being a child Isaac Summer was a football prodigy, he was tall, tough and extremely protective of his little sister.

"Alright," he said as his eyes landed on McGill "Why are you making fun of my little sister for still having training wheels, do you want me to make fun of you for having a bad haircut? Or a baby lisp?" the boy spoke angrily as he towered over him.

McGill just raised his arms in defence "I'm sorry, I'll go home" the boy said quickly, rushing towards his bike and racing off.

Isaac turned his attention to the two boys, sending them a smile and walking back inside.

Adam and Alex looked at each other, smirking as they communicated with their eyes, they walked towards the girls bike and pulled off her training wheels. They walked to the girls front door and rang the bell.

The girl opened the door, sending them a small smile. Adam reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the house and dragging her back to her bike.

"My training wheels are gone!" the girl said panicked "I can't ride my bike now," she said as she frowned.

"You can!" Alex yelled, a grin on his face "we are going to teach you" he informed her.

The girl was nervous but excited as she nodded, walking over towards the grass where she knew it would be safe if she fell, the girl hopped on the bike as the boys held it up.

The girl looked at both of them with a smile, they could both tell she was scared though.

"It's okay Lexi, we got you," Alex said softly, sending her a small smile as he held onto one of the handlebars, Adam holding the other side.

"I'm scared, what if I fall?" the girl said shakily as she looked up at Adam. The boy thought for a moment before sending her a grin.

"I'd never let you fall, I'll protect you" the boy spoke as he puffed out his chest, causing Alex to dramatically roll his eyes.

The boy mumbled something about Cooties before letting out a loud cough, causing the pair to look at him.

It took a while but neither of the boys refused to give up, they would do anything to see their best friend happy.

Lexi began pumping her legs as Adam held the back of her seat, he let the girl go and shared a high five with Alex, watching as she moved along the grass.

They both noticed the girl started to wobble and she tipped to the side, landing on the grass.

The boys shared worried glances but their worry was taken away as the small girl quickly stood on her feet, leaving her bike on the grass and rushing over towards the pair a grin on her face.

"Ad, Al! I did it!" the girl cheered to the grinning boys, throwing herself at Alex and squeezing him in a hug before moving to Adam who hugged her tightly as well.

"Thank you for teaching me," she said softly, "you teach me a lot you know," she said before pulling away.

The three were cut off by a voice yell out excitedly "Lexi! I saw that! You rode without training wheels" they cheered.

Lexi's smiled grinned as she waved to her best friend "Hi Lio! I did, I'm a big girl now too".