Scholarships reinstated.

(A.N: this one is kinda boring but it gets better I promise)

Lexi snapped out of her trance when she heard cheers and high fives "It's about time Conway" Russ cheered, at first Lexi thought he was talking to her but when she looked up she noticed her brother on the bus high-fiving his teammates.

The boy looked up and the pair made eye contact, Charlie sending the girl a grin. Lexi almost found herself grinning back but quickly caught herself as she looked out the window.

She felt a presence beside her and turned, making eye contact with Charlie who had seated himself beside her. "Hi Lexi" he said softly, the girl wanted to speak to him but it hurt too much, the pain she was feeling anytime she saw her brother was often unbearable, the boy went to speak again but was interrupted as Buckey rushed onto the bus.

"I almost missed you.Coach, you mind if I havea few words with your boys ?" he asked, causing Lexi to roll her eyes, surely he could see the 4 girls on the team, sexist idiot.

Julie made Lexi laugh slightly at the next comment "and girls" she informed in a matter of fact tone, causing the dean to laugh and add to his sentence.

Orion told him if he made it quick because the team was already running late as it was. Lexi listened intently for once not zoning out as the dean spoke.

"We have a board meetingscheduled tomorrow,and, well, you allare on the agenda.We have to thinklong-term here.What's in yourbest interest.Hard as it isfor me personally,because you kids have been a breathof fresh air around here,the board is going to approvethe withdrawal of your scholarships. Now, you'll be welcome to staythrough the end of the semester,but after that,it will be necessary for you to enjoy othereducational opportunities" He informed them, the girl felt her jaw drop, surely they couldn't kick them out like that.

Her mind drifted to Adam, he was on Varsity so she wondered if he would be safe, she hoped he would, he deserved all the opportunities Eden Hall offered, Lexi knew even if her scholarship was taken away Shane's bank account would allow her to stay at Eden Hall, so would Alex's dad's, the pair always going to end up there but she was sad at the prospect the other less fortunate ducks would be forced to go to a different school, the out of state ducks would be forced to go back to their homes.

The team watched as Orion demanded to speak to the dean, all rushing towards the bus windows and doors to listen to the men argue. Lexi stayed seated, playing with her hands.

The girl heard Buckley tell Orion the ducks were drowning and watched as the team rushed off the bus as the Dean walked away. The girl stood, following, hopping off the bus and walking towards Alex, who slung his arm around her and sent her a smile.

Orion informed the group they were going to fight it and Lexi smiled slightly, she knew they wouldn't go down without a fight.

Lexi found herself stood in front of Adam at the board meeting, the boy had been told he wouldn't lose his scholarship but he still wanted to be there to support all of his best friends.

It wasn't going well and Lexi found herself making eye contact with Cole who sent her a wink, the girl rolled her eyes and discreetly stuck up the middle finger, from behind her Adam had let out a small snicker, obviously watching the interaction.

Lexi was snapped out of her trance as Orion stated they would bring in their attorney, the girl was confused, but grinned as she watched Bombay charge through the door, looking like the ex greasy salamander Lawyer he used to be.

The girl watched as Bombay began destroying the board like the savage he was, making the Dean hold his briefcase as he pulled out an example scholarship contract.

"These scholarships, an offer became a binding contract uponthe signatures of the recipients and acceptanceby the Ducks.They cannot be voided except for cause which, I guarantee you, you have none. Should you decide to pursue their cancellation,I will slap youwith an injunction.I will tie this matter up in court for years, until long after these kidshave gone on to college.And I will collect damages.I will win.Because I am very, very good". Gordon fired, Lexi reached back squeezed Adam's hand slightly from her spot in front of the boy, hope filling her body.

"You know why I'm so good?Because I had a good education.You gave it to me.And you're gonna give it to these kids. Now some of you may be snobbish enoughto believe that...these Ducks don't belongat Eden Hall. Let me tell you,you are dead wrong.These are remarkable young people.You give them their full shot,and I promise youthey will succeed.Not only on the ice but in the classrooms as well.These people are my friends,and I know what they can do.Accordingly, I demand that you reinstate their scholarships,for their benefitand for your own". Lexi snickered to herself, there was no way they could deny them now, Gordon had literally fucked their shit up.

It didn't take long for the board to reinstate the scholarships, even Riley's asshole father raising his hand. Lexi let out a grin and turned to Adam as he pulled her into a hug, the girl squeezed back before holding out a hand for Alex and Guy to high five.

Lexi walked out, Julie's arm was thrown over her shoulder as the pair celebrated. They were stopped suddenly as the team faced off with Varisty.

" Congratulations in destroying our school" Riley spoke, Lexi muttered a small "shut up asshole", but no one had heard her as usual and she watched as the boys all began to battle.

"Hey, look, it's our school too."

" It's everyone's school,you stupid jock." Linda cut in causing Lexi to reach over and give her a fist bump, she had mixed feelings about the girl since she found her kissing Charlie but she appreciated the sass.

Riley looked down at the girl with hatred as his girlfriend rolled her eyes. "No, it'll never be your school.Don't you get it?You're our own littleaffirmative action brought infor color to entertain us.But you couldn't even do that.Your fancy lawyer kept you inon a technicality, but you'll never belong. You'll never be anything more than a bunch of rejectshere on a free ride."

"Freeride?Look at you, rich boy!Mummy and Daddy gave youeverything, huh?" Russ stated, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, J.V.-Varsity game'son Friday.Then we'll show the whole schoolwhat a joke you really are. 4Then maybe you'll leaveon your own.It'd be the onlyhonorable thing to do." Riley stated again as he reached out and went to touch Charlie's shirt, the lightning-quick reflexes of the boy allowing him to slap the older boys hand away

Cole added his own dickhead comment about how Varisty would hurt them. "If you don't shut your mouth the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," Lexi spat as she looked at the older boy, before he could respond Charlie cut him off.

"Listen, you guys hadan unfair advantage last time.You had one of us: Banksie". Lexi grinned as she turned, her eyes drifting to her boyfriend, they made eye contact and he sent her a wink.

"Oh, well, keep him. He never hadthe heart of a Warrior anyway." Lexi let out a small squeal, rushing over to her boyfriend and jumping into his arms, pulling him into a hug. She blushed awkwardly as she realised both teams were looking at her.

"Hey hottie, ready for that fuck yet?" the boy said as his eyes drifted to the small girl, Lexi looked down awkwardly. Adam made a move to walk towards Riley but Guy quickly stopped him, they didn't need to have a punch up right in front of the board.

"Hey, Biff,one more thing.After we beat you, the Warriors dieand the Ducks fly" Russ said, turning the tension away from Lexi which made her smile in thanks.

The team panicked for a while as they talked, Charlie informing the team they needed to get to work, his eyes drifted to each of his team members, stopping slightly when he saw Lexi.

He had been watching his sister and knew what he had to do, he was going to make sure they talked today even if it nearly killed him.

NEXT CHAPTER BE GOOOOOD