i.

Akaashi Keiji [赤葦 京治] 

He sighed as he looked at the recommendation letters he received from Fukurōdani Academy and Suzumeoka. Not that he doesn't like both schools, heck he was feeling surreal for receiving those, but he was tired of his mother pestering him about which high school he will attend. He could not blame her though, February is almost at its end and he got 1 month left before he goes to high school.

He is currently the setter of his volleyball team at Mori Middle School. Though the school and his volleyball team weren't very known to all, he got recommendations from both high schools where one is known as the powerhouse of volleyball in Tokyo, which excite him, at the least, since he could not really feel his team's passion for volleyball in his current team. 

He scanned once more on the brochures he received from both schools and decided to personally visit them tomorrow to see what school is right for him. "Mom, I'll be going home late than usual tomorrow. I'll visit Suzumeoka and Fukurōdani Academy after school." 

---

He walked through the school grounds of Fukurōdani Academy with a visitor pass on his hand. He sighed as he saw another bruise on his wrist, it was the fourth this week. 'What the hell is this person doing?', he thought but shook his head, removing the thoughts about his soulmate. 

After visiting Suzumeoka, he felt neutral about it and tried not to have high hopes in Fukurōdani. He glanced at a rather serene academy and decided to go straight to the volleyball gym, it was past school hours anyways and he was hoping to see the volleyball team of the school. 

He was told by some of his friends that Fukurōdani Volleyball Team has one of the rising top aces of Japan and he admits to himself he wants to see the ace play in person. 

Squeaks of shoes and shouts from players could be heard outside the gym. He hesitantly walked inside the gym and he was astonished by the gym's interior. He could say this gym is three times bigger than Mori and the bleachers are way more plenty. He was fascinated to see the volleyball court in the gym and he could say the school supports the Volleyball Team very well, unlike his. 

"Hey hey hey!" His thoughts were disrupted as he heard a shout, rather a howl, from the middle of the court which made him look in that direction. There he saw a guy with a spikey greyish-whitish hair with black streaks (he doesn't know what is the proper description for it) with both arms raising. He saw the guy cheered for himself and spiked the ball in a straight line over the net and scored. "Did you see that Konoha?" The loud guy asked the dirty-blonde haired guy beside him who is rolling his eyes but nodding.

He continued watching and he could say he is amazed, or something more than that. He could see how passionate Bokuto plays that made him smile while watching the loud boy spike. 

The loud guy then turned to look at the gym's entrance where he is standing and he could say that the loud guy looks like an owl, 'if that is even possible', he thought. He felt weird as the owl guy stared at him with his golden eyes but in a good way weird, which kind of scared him. 

He could see the owl guy was about to speak but a dirty-blonde haired guy, which he presumes is named Konoha, called his attention. "Hey! Bokuto, what the hell are you looking at?" The dirty-blonde haired looked at the direction where Bokuto is looking and was about to speak as well when the referee blew his whistle and called their attention since they were still playing.

Bokuto, whose name he heard from the latter guy, stared at him longer and grinned before continuing to play again. He felt flustered and decided to step out of the gym before he embarrasses himself more. He continued exploring the school and went home with a decision in his mind on where he will attend high school in April.