xxiv. final

a/n: two POVs unlike the previous chapters because it's the final chap--

-- 2 months later --

Akaashi Keiji [赤葦 京治] 

He squinted his eyes as he felt the sunlight evaded his room. He still felt sleepy but it's normal since it's a weekend and he stayed up all night last night from volleyball and overthinking. 

He was about to move when he felt something weighing him down and groaned as he saw his backpack on the bed. It was something he usually doesn't do but he really felt tired last night and forgot to fix his own things. 

He stood up and decided to freshen up until his phone started ringing. He looked at the ID caller and saw Bokuto's name. He contemplated for a bit before deciding to ignore the call and mute his phone for an hour as he heads to his bathroom. 

"Keiji, breakfast's ready. Eat with me before I-- Whoa, what's with the eye bags dear?" Keiko asked him as he went downstairs. "It's nothing, mum. Thank you for the breakfast." He said as he yawned. He still felt sleepy after some sleepless nights. 

Keiko looked at him as if he was an alien barging in their house. 

"Have you fought with Boku--" He shook his head hastily. "I'm just busy with something mum, it's nothing to worry about." He smiled a bit before eating his breakfast. 

Keiko frowned but nodded nonetheless until she checked the date and smiled. "Ah, that's why." She said with a teasing tone. 

"What do you mean mum?" He asked in a confused manner. She just giggled as she ate her breakfast. "I believe you'll be okay to go out today, yes?" 

He felt his face flushed as he was caught red-handed. "I... yes, mum."

Keiko just smiled as she drank her coffee. "It's okay. I mean you tend to go overboard where you are in--" He cut off his mum with a groan to which Keiko laughed. 

"So, what have you planned out  for your soulmate's birthday tomorrow?" 

---

He felt guilty as he ignored the good morning messages and calls from Bokuto. He just wanted to make sure things are properly prepared before he ventures out for today. 

He was stressed these past few days on what to get for Bokuto. He asked his teammates but all he got was useless teasing to which he deadpanned. The only decent suggestion he got was from Yukie in which he got some ideas. 

He suddenly felt bad for feeling jealous of Bokuto and Yukie the past months but he learned that Yukie was helping Bokuto in his feelings towards him and he couldn't be more thankful. 

After making sure he got everything he needed for today, he felt his phone rang once more and decided to answer it. 

"HEY HEY HEY!! Good morning Keiji!" He smiled as he heard the cheerful greeting from the other line. "Good morning, Bokuto-san." He greeted back. "I told you to call me Koutarouuu," Bokuto whined on the other line to which he chuckled. 

"I enjoy calling you Bokuto-san." He teased to which Bokuto whined again. "Keijiii do you have plans today?" Bokuto asked hopefully. 

"Apparently, yes. I would be accompanying my mum somewhere out of town." He said. "Oh... Is that so..." Bokuto said dejectedly. "You'll come back this evening, right?" Bokuto asked.