xx.

Kuroo Tetsurou [黒尾 鉄朗]

He's been thinking about it for weeks already. About telling his feelings and moving on if he would be rejected by his best friend. 

But then how he would be able to move on if everything around him would remind him of Kenma? 

He is a risktaker, he's well aware of that. He took risks on things he knew he would succeed in the end like how he ended up in volleyball. But he didn't know there would be a time he would be afraid to take risks in love. 

He didn't even think he would have these feelings to his best friend to the point that thinking about it scares him the most - the possibility of Kenma avoiding him. Not only he knew the younger male would be lonely without him but he knew it would be him who would be lonely without Kenma. 

He thought about telling it sooner but he couldn't find the right time.

He may understand the younger male the most but it doesn't mean that Kenma does not confuse him at times. Until now whenever Kenma looks at his way, he doesn't know what the male is thinking.  

Especially when Kenma started to stare at him longer than usual. 

"Is there something on my face?" He heard Kenma asked and he realized he was the one staring longer at Kenma. He just shook his head and smiled. 

They're currently in their sleeping quarters but their teammates are still outside, having fun or playing volleyball. Their seniors invited him to play but he rather spend his time with Kenma tonight who decided to play with his gaming console.

"You just really look pretty tonight, Kitten." He smiled wider to which Kenma threw a pillow on his face. "What the hell are you saying." He heard Kenma muttered. 

He looked at the younger male's face which is currently red, just like the first time he said that a week ago. The sight made him chuckle. "I'm just stating facts." 

He thought of ways on how to confess to Kenma.  He thought of saying it through words but by imagining it, he might choke on his words at the end. 

He didn't want to make it too... catchy because he knew it would be uncomfortable for Kenma if that were to happen. 

In the end, he decided to write his confession in a form of a love letter. He wrote it days ago when he couldn't take his overwhelming feelings anymore but he didn't know when to give it so he brought it with him every day, kept inside neatly inside his bag. 

"Why are you even here?" Kenma asked minutes later. "Don't you want me to be here?" He asked with a fake hurt voice to which Kenma gave him a dirty look before looking back to the game. "It's not like that. I was expecting that you'll spend time playing volleyball with others or Bokuto." 

"I'm not in the mood to play volleyball since I'll rather spend my time with you. And Bokuto's out with Akaashi, dating or something." 

"Huh, Bokuto dating. That's new. I thought he was waiting for his soulmate." Kenma muttered. 

"Apparently, Bokuto does not rely on soulmates." He said as he scooted closer to look over Kenma's game. He chuckled as he saw how Kenma's struggling at the boss level. 

"Hm. Do you?" Kenma asked that caught him off guarded but shook his head with a smile. "How about you kitten?" He asked back. The younger male shook his head as well before resting its head on his shoulder.