xi.

Kozume Kenma [孤爪 研磨]

Another thing why he hates to be observant. He easily notices the changes in people around him, especially Kuroo. 

He has known the guy for years and he could decipher the changes in Kuroo from the slightest ones. 

And he hates that Kuroo isn't the best at acting, at least not for him. 

Kuroo continues to wake him up every morning. It's like he had his own human alarm clock. And he wonders how Kuroo manages to wake up very early in the morning and go to his house just to wake him up. 

It's like it was already a morning routine for them already. Kuroo waking him up,  Kuroo waiting for him in his room with Yuna by his arms, Kuroo eating in his house for breakfast with his family, and Kuroo walking with him to school every morning.

It's one of those little things that make him more scared of losing Kuroo in his life. 

And now, even though he was currently playing in his gaming console, he suddenly noticed the way Kuroo changed his voice while talking to Bokuto. But he didn't mind at first when Kuroo bid him earlier goodnight that day. He guessed there was just some dumbass thing the two were talking about.

But it was his mistake to assume like that. 

He noticed the first day when Kuroo told him he won't be coming over to his house because of homework. He didn't mind at first, thinking Kuroo's homework must be really serious, especially when he's a second-year student. He let it go and play, but he felt kind of lonely without Kuroo in his room. 

But when Kuroo continued "avoiding" him within the week, he knows something's wrong and he doesn't know why. 

He had no single clue about it and he couldn't remember making the guy upset. They didn't have any conflicts in volleyball and he couldn't recall anything about offending Kuroo.

This continued until the next week came. Kuroo still goes to his house in the mornings. He would still wake him up but unlike before, Kuroo would wait downstairs in the living room. He always looks at Yuna who looks lonely, just like how he felt.

Kuroo continued to eat breakfast with him and his family but there were times the black-haired guy becomes awkward when his parents talk to him, especially his father.

Kuroo continued to walk with him in the mornings to school, but unlike before, Kuroo became less talkative. It would be him talking about the game he played.

With the peaceful and quiet company, he was supposed to be happy but it's Kuroo he's talking about and he knows something is wrong. And it irked him very much.

With the peaceful and quiet company, he was supposed to be happy but it's Kuroo being silent that he's talking about and he knows something is wrong. And it irked him very much.

It was the third time that week when Kuroo told him he'll go straight home that day. He wanted to stop Kuroo to confront him about it but he doesn't know how to. He was never good with confrontation, especially with someone like Kuroo.

And so he let it go for the seventh time.

He went in his house and decided to lock up in his room without eating the leftovers his parents left for him before going to work.

He wasn't in the mood to eat or play or do anything at all.

He slumped down on his bed and heaved a sigh. He felt Yuna curled beside him and he looked at his cat.