ix.

Bokuto Kōtarō [木兎 光太郎]

He wanted Kuroo to shut up, at least just for today. Because he's been embarrassed for countless of times already. 

And he hates the feeling of being too embarrassed. Especially when it's his first time feeling it so he doesn't know what to do. 

'It's just Akaashi, you've already known him for almost two months and he won't judge you at all,' he thought. But that made him more embarrassed because it's Akaashi. 

Akaashi sometimes makes him feel "gwahhh" or "shwaaah" at times and he doesn't even know how to describe it properly. But that's what he's feeling right now as Akaashi laughed off Kuroo's words.

But he felt happy that Akaashi seems comfortable with Kuroo and Kenma since he always looks so serious in school. 

As the debate on the movie between him and Kuroo didn't end, Kenma decided to watch a horror movie to which Akaashi agreed immediately. 

Akaashi looked at him to which he just nodded and forced a grin, he honestly hates horror movies but he couldn't do anything especially when Kuroo just approved anything Kenma says. And Akaashi looks like he loves horror movies with that glint in his eyes.  

He decided to sit on the carpeted floor with Akaashi when Kuroo and Kenma hogged the couch for themselves. 

As the movie started, he was just trying to be interested in the movie but all he could do is to divert his attention from anything bright but Kuroo was too smart to shut off the lights and curtains in the living room. He frowned and decided just to stare anywhere else but the television in front of them. 

It's not that he's really scared. He just hates how dark and disturbing the scenes are. And how the sounds could be terrifying when he remembers them before he sleeps. 

It was in the middle of the movie when he couldn't take it anymore and closed his eyes hard as another jumpscare showed in the tv and tried to forget the screams. Luckily, he was sitting on the floor and no one could see how scared he is. Or so he thought. 

"You should have said something earlier if you're scared of horror movies, Bokuto-san." He didn't notice Akaashi have scooted closer until the latter whispered to him. He opened his eyes and looked sideways. 

And he felt the "gwahhh", or something along the line again, as he saw Akaashi's face close to his. He felt flustered and looked back at the tv. 

"It's not that I'm scared.... I just don't like horror movies that much. I prefer watching owl documentaries and romance movies over this, to be honest." He muttered silently and removed his sight from the tv without moving his head. 

"Then let's watch those next time, Bokuto-san." He looked back at Akaashi and he saw how the younger male smiled at him. He felt something dropped in his stomach but managed to grin. "Yes, next time." He could say that was an invitation from Akaashi. 

And he doesn't know if he feels happy for the fact that Akaashi likes his company or when Akaashi smiled at him. Either way, he knows he could easily forget the scene from the movie today by remembering Akaashi's smile and invitation. 

"Well, that was awful. It wasn't even scary at all." Kenma muttered to which Akaashi nodded.  "Agreed. It was too unrealistic, especially the blood." Akaashi added. "I know right? And the scream of the girl? It's too fake." Kenma sighed