xxi.

Kozume Kenma [孤爪 研磨]

He couldn't find himself sleeping last night. He was just lying down on the clinic bed, still in a daze after what happened yesterday. 

Kuroo is his soulmate. His best friend who is his crush is his soulmate. His freaking soulmate. 

And Kuroo just confessed to him yesterday. He could vividly remember the words Kuroo had said when the male confessed. 

'Soulmates or not.'

He was speechless after that. He was too overwhelmed from the hit then to Kuroo's confession. He didn't even know what to feel yesterday. 

His stutters then silence may have given Kuroo the wrong impression as the black-haired male forced a smile before telling him not to think about it and rest first before Kuroo kissed his forehead and left. 

He suddenly blushed as he thought about it and remembered the feeling of Kuroo's soft lips on his forehead yesterday. 

He liked the feeling, he maybe even love it and wanted Kuroo to do it again. 

But he suddenly felt stupid as he didn't give any reply to Kuroo's confession. Of course, he wanted to say he felt the same but fear, awkwardness, and shyness came first. 

'Nice going, Kenma. You ended fucking up the moment when you had the chance to confess, too.' 

He groaned and covered his face with the second pillow. Luckily, the nurse told his team he needed to sleep here for the night and he would not face the awkwardness with Kuroo.

"What's with the grouchy morning, Kenma-san?" He removed the pillow from his face and saw Akaashi with some casual shirt and jogging shorts.

He sighed rather in relief and grateful it was Akaashi. He was still not ready to face Kuroo.

"You don't want to know." He muttered and covered his face with a pillow once more.

"Oh, I know a thing or two alright. But do fill me in with my own speculations." He heard the chair moved and assumed Akaashi was sitting already.

He contemplated for a minute or two before removing the pillow on his face once more and sat up.

"You look.... terrible. Especially with the bruise on your nose. Are you feeling alright?" Akaashi asked.

He shook his head. "I feel awfully alive inside my dead soul." He muttered.

"Did something happen aside from the ball hitting you?" Akaashi asked to which he nodded slowly with a soft sigh.

"Hypothetically asking, how would you react if someone, let's say Bokuto, confessed to you?" He asked. 

"And how is Bokuto-san involved here?" Akaashi asked while raising its eyebrows. "I said hypothetically. Just answer my question." He prodded. 

"I... honestly don't know?" Akaashi replied with confusion. 

"Oh, and let's say hypothetically you have feelings towards Bokuto." He added. 

"What--" 

"Hypothetically." He emphasized. "Hypothetically, Bokuto who is your friend and is your crush as well confessed to you. What would you do?" 

"I guess I'll.. feel happy? Hypothetically, that is." Akaashi muttered.

"Then what would you do if you knew you were soulmates?" He asked.