xxii.

Akaashi Keiji [赤葦 京治] 

Summer training camp had ended yesterday and the news about Kuroo and Kenma being soulmates wasn't that shocking for him. He kind of expected it already, seeing how the two look at each other the first time he met them. 

And he is truly happy for the two, especially when the two ended up being soulmates. He knew the two were one of those lucky ones, falling in love while being soulmates, too. Kuroo and Kenma were also a perfect match, they complement each other even if he didn't know them that long.

That wasn't rare but for him it was and it made him envious, in the slightest bit. Something inside him still wishes he could have like that, too. 

And in the back of his mind, he wonders if Bokuto's really his soulmate or not. 

---

Days passed by quickly and he spent the second week of his summer vacation in his house alone. His mother went overseas for her growing business and his grandparents, who decided to go to Osaka to relax during his summer training camp, are not yet back. 

He lied down on his bed after making sure his bunny is asleep and turned on the a/c. He did make some plans, keyword plans, but his shyness beat him to even start it. He wanted to spend time with Bokuto but he doesn't even know what the ace's plans were. His other teammates, who became his friends, said that they would go back to their hometowns or they would be out of town. 

He sighed as closed his eyes. He suddenly felt lonely which is unusual of him and it's bothering him. He got two weeks left before going back to school and he hasn't done anything useful or anything fun.

'Why am I even like this? I managed to do this last year but why am I being bothered by it now?'

He sighed once more and opened his eyes as he took his phone. He opened his messages and clicked Bokuto's. Their last conversation was the day before yesterday, Bokuto talking about random things like usual. He did felt they became more closer after their talk in the cafe.

'Maybe he's not doing something today and he's chilling in his house too? Should I just call him? Wait, I might be interrupting something if I suddenly called. I should just send him a message so it won't be a nuisance if he's busy with something.'

He started typing but he kept on hitting the delete button. 'How hard is it to type a greeting to Bokuto-san?' He groaned mentally and typed a normal greeting.

To: Bokuto-san

Hello, Bokuto-san. Are you busy today? |

He was about to hit the send button until his phone started ringing. He widened his eyes as he saw the caller ID, almost losing his grip on his phone.

"HEY HEY HEYYY AGHAASHI!" Was the first thing he heard. "Bo... Bokuto-san, hello," he said timidly. 

"Aghaashi, are you doing something?" Bokuto asked. "Uhh, nothing really. Why?"

"Can you uhmmm do you want to come over? Like hang-out or something! If you're not busy..." Bokuto asked nervously. "It's okay if you can't! I just realized that I knew the plans of others but I didn't know your plans this vacation and I'm thinking if you like to hang out with me or something so if you're not busy maybe you would like to come over and hang-out or we can go anywhere--"