xix.

Bokuto Kōtarō [木兎 光太郎]

"You should ask him out, like later," Yukie said. They just finished their first game on the first day of their summer camp training. The training has started already and instead of feeling scared, he was happy to do it with high hopes once more, thanks to their new setter, Akaashi, who encouraged him.

"What do you mean?!" He asked as he felt his face flushed and waved his hands to say no. Yukie sighed. "Bokuto-kun. you've been telling me these past few days how 'godly' Akaashi-kun is, just like what you're doing right now. And it's obvious you prefer your own feelings rather than soulmates. So man up and get to know him better before I kick your ass." 

"I mean, why later?! Isn't that too fast? We just knew him three months ago and wouldn't it be weird if I confess? And what if he rejected me? Won't that strain our relationship and the team? He might change schools--" He blabbered. 

Yukie looked at him with a blank face. "Sometimes, you scare me on how you could be an idiot at times and smart when not needed." 

"What's that supposed to mean?!" He crossed his arms while Yukie laughed. "I didn't mean you should confess immediately. You could just ask him out later after the training and get to know him better. You two have been focusing too much on volleyball so I think you should hang-out like friends and ask him about some things you want to know. Maybe you'll know if he prefers finding his soulmate or he doesn't care about the soulmates thing." 

He blinked once. Then twice. "Oh, yeah. You're right." Yukie smacked his head but in a playful manner. "Now go ask Akaashi-kun before we start another game."  He saluted and jogged towards the opposite side of the gym.

---

"Kuroo, where's 'Kaashi? Hi Kenma!" He asked. He was sure he saw Akaashi was with Kuroo and Kenma earlier when he was talking to Yukie. 

"He said he will go to the restroom, he doesn't sound okay earlier when I asked him about something about you," Kuroo said. He squinted his eyes. "What did you ask about?" Kuroo just shrugged. "I was just saying some girl has been obsessing about you and asked if he knew something about the relationship between you two," Kuroo said as he looked at Kenma's game.  

"Eh? Is that so? I'll just go talk to him. But you know Yukippe, we're just friends." He said as he ran off to the restroom. 

"You lack empathy, Kuro." Kenma muttered. Kuroo widened his eyes and faked a hurt face. "I was just asking Akaashi-kun about it. I'm just curious!" Kuroo said. Kenma rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right you are. You know her and it's clear as day that their manager doesn't like Bokuto in that way." Kenma said. Kuroo just shrugged and smiled sheepishly. "Sometimes, people just need a little push." 

---

"'Kaashi." He entered the restroom and saw Akaashi who was staring down on the sink. He saw Akaashi splashed water on his face before turning to him. "Yes, Bokuto-san?" 

'Should I ask him to hang-out later? He looks... stoic? Is that the correct word?' 

"Kuroo said you sound different earlier, everything's okay?" He asked and was replied with a nod. "I'm okay, Bokuto-san. I just feel tired. Excuse me, I'll be preparing for the next game." 

He didn't know what came to him as he grabbed Akaashi's wrist. "Bokuto-san?" He heard Akaashi but something caught his attention. He stared at Akaashi's wrist but they were... plain? There were no uneven scratches nor bruises.