Chapter Three (Shinso)

Today was the UA entrance exam. Hopefully I'm actually able to get into the hero course.

People had always said how I can only ever be a villain with my quirk, hell, even my family thinks so, but I choose to believe otherwise.

I mean, our quirk doesn't define us. Right?

I shake my head and continue on my way. I approach UA when I see some loud ass blonde bitch yelling at a black haired male with green highlights that seems to be only slightly shorter or even the same height as me. The green one seemed to had said something and walked off. The blonde then released some explosions from his hands?

I thought it's illegal to use your quirks in public like that? I mean, sure we are on UA grounds but still. Couldn't he get arrested for that?

I shrug it off and keep walking.

The written exam wasn't too difficult per say. Although I did get pretty stumped on a couple questions here and there. I looked up from my test to see that green haired boy from earlier handing in his test to Ectoplasm. Already? It's been 15 minutes!

Finally, it's time for the physical exam. Saying that I'm nervous would be an understatement. When we all walked to our seats and Present Mic started explaining how there are robots, I got really worried. At the beginning, Mic had asked for some enthusiasm which that same green and black haired boy had gladly given. He even scolded us for leaving him hanging. I guess I wasn't paying any attention.

Mic started to explain the points for all the robots, when suddenly some blue headed bimbo stood up and started chopping his hands around like some malfunctioning robot.

"Sir. You said that there are three robots on the exam, yet there are four on the card. If this is a mistake, this is very unprofessional coming from Japan's top hero school." he said while chopping his arms around. He then spun around and pointed at someone in the crowd. The whole auditorium practically payed attention to whoever he was pointing to. That green haired kid.

"And you! If you're just going to doze off and not pay any attention, you shouldn't be here in the first place as you could distract any other examinees." he said. Ouch. Hate to be him. The kid then just huffed and a had a nice comeback.

"Well, if you had given the man a poor chance, you would realise that he was probably going to end up explaining it. And nobody else seems to be bothered by me being here. So sit down since you are deciding to be so damn extra!" he snarled which causes the robot boy to sit back down.

He seems fun.

Okay. I'm panicking. I've got 0 villain points. And time is running out. My quirk isn't suited for this at all. I turned around the corner of a fake building to be met face to face with a 2 pointer. In a panic, I just froze. Then that green haired kid from earlier jumped into view and pushed me out of the way. He starts checking me over before snapping his fingers in my face.

"You good?" he asks. I slowly nod. "How many points you got?" he asks. "N-none." I whisper. I waited for him to call me weak or something.

"Quirk?" he asks. I hesitate but answer. "Brainwashing. I can control someone if they respond." I said quietly, waiting for him to call me a villain. But he doesn't.

"Brainwash me. I help ya out and take out some robots. Then you can take over." he says. I hesitate before agreeing. "What's your name?" I ask. He looked at me, slightly puzzled before answering. "Izuku."

The next think I know, he's taking down robots left and right. After three minutes, I release him from my control. He stares for a second before speaking up. "What's up?" he questions. "I can take over. Thanks." I mutter. He nods and starts grinning. "No problem eyebags!" he calls out before running off.

"Eyebags?" I mumble. I shake my head and start running off.

The ground had started to shake. I look up to be met with a huge robot. "The 0 pointer." I whisper softly. I was about to run when I heard a scream. I look back to see Izuku running towards the robot.

"Is that kid suicidal or something?" someone shouts. I look around to see that he's running towards a girl who is stuck under the rubble. I swallow the lump in my throat and start charging towards the robot myself. I see him attempting to lift the rubble.

I rush over and try to help. "We won't be able to pick it up in time." I said. He looks at me before contemplating something. He then stares at the rock and holds out his hand. With a motion of his hand, the boulder is slowly lifted off the ground. I state in amazement before kneeling down in front of the girl.

"Here." I said while helping her move. I get her out from under the rock and look at Izuku. I nod and he lets out a breath. He blinks and clutches his head. "You good?" I ask while helping the girl. "Yeah. Help her to safety. I'm going to try and shut down the robot." he said while running off before I can say anything.

"Is he crazy?" the brunette in my arms questions. "Who knows." I grunt while carrying her bridal style out, away from the robot.

Once I'm sure we are a safe distance away, I turn around to see Izuku fucking scaling the robot like Spider-man! He hops into the neck area and does something. The robot slowly comes to a complete stop. Izuku then starts to slowly descend from the robot and sprints towards us.

"Hey darlings. How you two doing?" he asks while helping me take the girl to get help. The exam had already ended by the time he had gotten over here.

"I'm fine." I said quietly. "My ankle hurts but otherwise, I'm fine. Thanks!" she says. I nod while Izuku just smiles. "Of course babe!" he says. "Are you two dating or something?" I ask.

"No. I'm just like that." Izuku explains. I nod and we continue back to the entrance of the fake city. There, we are stopped by an old lady. "Hello dearies. Are you three alright?" she asks.

"Yip yip! I'm great." Izuku cheers. I nod before looking at the girl. I still don't know her name. "Ah. Yes." she mutters before kissing her on her forehead. She then hands the brunette a gummy.

"Cooties." Izuku jokes. "It's my quirk dearie." she says, while handing us both a gummy. I pop it into my mouth and thank her.

"Well. I'll be on my way. Take care." she waves before walking off to other examinees. "Thanks you guys." the girl says. "No problem!" Izuku grins before handing her his phone. "Here. Put your number in and then we can talk. You too eyebags." he explains. She nods and puts it in before handing the phone to me.

I put my number in before handing it back.

"See you guys later! Hope you both make it in! Oh and eyebags, your quirk is really cool! You too girl." and with that, Izuku left.

Well.

Today was exhausting.

Now I've got to sit, anxiously waiting for any sort of indication that I got in. Hopefully I did, Izuku too. Maybe even that brunette. They both seem nice.

I just brush it off and lay in bed, hoping that insomnia won't be a bitch tonight.

I was wrong.