Chapter Twenty-Eight (Half n' Half)

the ending of the last chapter was rushed but whatever and Endeavor isn't that much of an ass in this story towards Hisashi and Izuku

 also I love the picture above its  just so adorableeee

"Shoto, your cousin is going to be coming over real soon to train." the warden says. "I have a cousin?" I muttered under my breath. Apparently he heard me as he nods. "My brother's son." he explained further. I nod and continue eating my cold soba.

There was a knock on the door so Fuyumi went to get it. I hear some talking but I don't bother to look up from my soba. That is until I hear a familiar voice. "Todoroki?" I look up to see the taller green haired male. "Izuku?" I question. "So you remember him?" my father asks. "No. He's just in my class." I said bluntly. "We are cousins?" I mumble. 

"Yup." the greenette said while popping the p. "You almost died, how are we supposed to train?" I questioned warily. "Granny Kiss Kiss healed me so we good bois." he said. "Granny Kiss Kiss?" Fuyumi asked. "Bois?" father asked. "You are all so uncultured, I swear." he huffs. "Granny Kiss Kiss is Recovery Girl. When I say bois, I mean as a more broad term, like wassup guys." he explained. 

"She still works at UA? She was mean." my father said before shivering slightly. "Woah. The all mighty Endeavor is afraid of a granny?" Izuku jokes. I would never have the guts to say something like that to my father. Yet he just did.

I'm not sure if I should run or tell Izuku to run.

"Anyways, Uncle Enji, what am I supposed to do again?" Izuku asked father. "You will be training with Shoto to prepare for the Sports Festival. You two can train however you want, just please don't get too hurt. Hisashi would never let me hear the end of it." my father answers. I've never seen him like this. Its...

Weird.

I shake the thought off and finish up my food. "We can start now if you'd like." I suggest to the slightly taller. He nods and follows me as I lead him out to the training room. "Want to do some stretches first?" I ask. He nods while taking his hoodie off.

We get into position and start doing some basic stretches. After about fifteen minuets of that, we stop and get ready to do some sparring. "With or without quirks?" Izuku asked. "We can start off without." I suggest. He agrees and we get into position.

I attack first and aim a kick at his neck. He blocks it by grabbing my leg and flipping me over his head, crashing me into the ground. I groan as I get up. "Come on. You don't have to go easy on me, you know." the slightly taller boy says. "I'm sorry that I don't want to hurt you." I said. "Oh please. I could care less. I'm more interested in what Uncle has taught you." he says while cracking his neck. I shiver slightly at the noise but ignore it. 

"How come my father acts so.." I trail off in thought as I then attack again, only to be blocked and punched in my jaw. "Caring? Kind? Compassionate?" he asks while cracking his knuckles. "Yeah.." I said quietly. "Simple. He truly cares about his little brother, my dad, and surprisingly, me too. Weird." he said before rushing me and attacking at some of my pressure points, causing me to fall to the ground. "Clearly Uncle hasn't taught you too much huh?" he teases. 

"He's a scumbag. Why should I listen to anything he says." I snark in frustration. "As much as you may hate it, he is your father and the number 2 hero for a reason." he says casually while extending an arm out to help me up. I smack the hand away and get up on my own. He just holds his hands up in defeat.

"I know what you are trying to do. You are trying to get me to use my fire. My father put you up to this, didn't he?" I bark out while glaring at my so called cousin. He just sighs and shakes his head. "Shoto, I could care less about what your father tells you. I could care less if you used your fire. But don't you think it's going to piss off everyone at the Sports Festival when you are half assing it?" he said with a tone that I've never heard before.

"Why does it matter?" I growl out. "Tch." he clicks his tongue. "I'm going to prove to my father that I don't need his power to win. I will use only my mother's quirk and her quirk alone." I said, venom laced in my words.

"Where is Auntie Rei anyways?" he asked in an innocent tone. I growl and lounge at him. I tackle him to the ground, pinning him while glaring at him. "She's in a mental asylum because of him!" I spat out. He just rolled his eyes before kicking me in the stomach, successfully getting me off of him.

"If you are just going to think like that, you might as well drop out of the sports festival." he said lowly. "Oh? And what about you half assing everything? You never use either of your quirks!" I shout at the teen. 

"Tell me. Shoto, do you want to be a hero? If so why? What is your true reasoning." he questioned. I look down and make a fist with my right hand. "I want to be a hero. I want to be a true hero. Like how my mom always wanted me to be. She always said to be the kind of hero that I want to be." I admit. "What hero do you want to be Shoto?" he asked. "I want to be the hero that.. makes others feel safe. Unlike how my father makes me feel." I admit quietly.

"Then become the hero she wanted you to be." he said with a somewhat.. caring voice. Caring. Does he actually care?

"What about you?" I asked, looking up. "I'm only trying because my parents told me I have to." he answers. "So you don't want to be a hero?" I questioned. "No. For the longest time, I didn't believe that heroes are even real." he says while grabbing a water bottle and take a sip.  "Did that change?" I ask as he sits down against a wooden support beam. 

"A little. At the USJ, Mr. Aizawa wasn't the type of hero I thought he was." he sighs. I walk over and sit down next to him. "heroes are still stupid, but not all of them are as stupid as I thought." he said softly. "I'll support my friends and you but I just don't want to be a hero. I would rather be in the support course. Making inventions with Mei." he explains. "Who's Mei?" I ask while grabbing a water bottle for myself and cooling it down so it's not as warm.

"She's a friend of mine. She's in the support course. I'd rather be there then dealing with All Might." he said. 

"Hey Shoto?"

"Yeah Izuku?"

"Can you heat up my water?"

"Fine."

"Thanks Peppermint Boi."

Peppermint Boi?