Chapter 44: The Crooked Path

Thank you so much Wolfbalancer100 Coolio7654946 and OphiliaTheAsianPanda for all the commenting you guys do, I really enjoy reading them and appreciate you take your time to write something on almost every chapter so really thank you guys so much and to everyone else as well.

-

At Steep Wisdom, the Ninja are creating a defense system against Ghosts.

Zane puts up a sign "There. That should keep customers away. "Closed for renovations."

Kai sets up a bucket of water on top of the door. "More like fortifications. If Morro and his ghouls show up here looking to steal the Sword of Sanctuary, they won't know what hit them"

Cole almost had the bucket of water fall on him "Aah! Careful, you know not all of us are immune to water. And I for one would like to stick around long enough for Misako and Sensei to figure out the last clue"

"We got Cyclon-do, we got the sword, now they just have to figure out where the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master is" Jay says

Kai sighs "Let's hope they figure it out soon. I don't know how long we'll be able to hold out"

Someone steps on a tripline and set off a bell.

"Intruder!" Kai shouts

Everyone catapults water balloons.

"ok... this time I wasn't wearing a bathing suite"

The ninja look out and see Aria.

"Aria" they say happily running over to her

"Welcome back, you've been gone for so long we were staring to get worried" Kai said as he hugged her

"Oh my god, cousin Cole you're a ghost" Aria said seeing Cole

"Yeah but I'm alright" Cole reassured her

"It's good to be home" Aria said "I do have a errand to run before i stay here though, I just thought I'd check in. I'll be back in a couple hours"

"Aw but you just got here" Jay whined

"Sorry" Aria apologized "I promise I'll be back in a couple hours"

-

The Ghosts laugh as Morro releases Ronin from his possession.

Ronin groans "Pretty good impersonation. But they'll never buy it was me. Once the princess comes back you'll be in trouble"

"I plan on her coming back" Morro says

Lloyd is trapped in a cage "You're no Green Ninja. The Green Ninja would never need to lie."

"Oh, you won't be the Green Ninja for long" Morro tells him "Save your strength, because I'll be needing it. Prepare for a voyage. We head to the tomb at dawn."