💙Chapter 27: Contract Signing💙

Stella's P.O.V.

I sat in gorilla next to Jon and Shelby was standing next to April, waiting for the show to come back from commercial. We managed to get the idea through Hunter and Stephanie and they loved it.

Tonight, there was going to be the contract signing between Shelby and myself. To make it official for our match at Backlash. I was happy for her and all, but I knew that once that bell rang, it was every woman for themselves and we had to put our friendship aside.

We both came up with an idea to make the contract signing more dramatic where she attacks me, not turning heel, but making a statement.

The television in gorilla went back to the show and showed Renee Young in the ring. There was a table with two chairs and the contract we were to sign with her.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the WWE Women's Champion, Eliza Hardy." she announced.

My theme played and I walked out, the championship around my waist. I did my entrance before walking down the ramp. I walked up the steel steps and got inside the ring. I shook Renee's hand and sat down in one of the chairs as my theme stopped playing.

"Now, please welcome the challenger, Shelby Underwood." Renee announced.

Her theme played and she walked out with a smile on her face. She walked down the ramp, greeting some fans before jumping on the apron. She got inside the ring and greeted Renee before taking the seat on the opposite side of the table.

"Now, ladies. Here is the contract you will be signing to make you match at WWE Backlash for the Women's Championship. Is there any words you would like to say to the other before anything?" Renee explained.

I grabbed my microphone, looking at the girl I trained and helped get here.

"You know, you're amazing, Shelby. You've scratched and clawed to get to where you are today. Even when you felt like giving up, you pushed yourself and I have to say, it all paid off. Now, I love you. You're like my baby sister and always will be. However, when it comes to defending my title, even if it's against those I love, I will stop at nothing to make sure I continue being the champion this business needs. So, when that bell rings, don't expect the friend you grew to love. Expect a big challenge and a territorial person." I told her.

I put the microphone down and signed my name on the contract before leaning back against the chair, holding the title on my shoulder.

Shelby smiled and nodded her head before she picked up her microphone and spoke up.

"I love you as well, Eliza, but there's one thing you don't understand. I had to crawl my way to get here and I know that you were already here breaking barriers and all, but girls like me were often denied a contract. Now, I'm not saying you're here because of your brothers, but because you found ways to get what you wanted, and that was titles and an opportunity to be a role model. However, your era is coming to an end, my friend. It's time for my era to begin, even if it means taking the throne from someone I look up to strongly." she explained and I could see the fire in her eyes.

She put the mic down and signed the contract before Renee spoke up.

"Very well, ladies. Good luck at Backlash." 

I stood up as well as Shelby and extended my hand out. She looked at it before shaking it. 

"Now?" she asked. "Now." I replied.

Before I knew it, she pulled me forward and lifted me on her shoulders, performing a Samoan Drop which she dubbed Vampire's Kiss. I groaned as I held my side. She grabbed the title and rose it above her head.

I knew the fans were already anxious for Backlash to get here and they had every right to be. It was around the corner. This Sunday.