Train Ride

Maddie's POV

As I stepped through the platform I noticed Ron's siblings were right behind me.

I grabbed my ticket out gave them my ticket and went on the train as they grabbed my luggage.

I found my way to an empty compartment and sat down by myself.

I can get really shy (and also not to mention a I have a bit of anxiety) so that's why I like to sit by myself, unless I'm with my friends where I'm more comfortable.

I've been on a train many times and I've also come to Kings Cross lots too, but the wall between platforms 9 and 10 looked so… normal.

I got kind of sad to think my mom couldn't be here to watch me leave. She had to catch a train herself, but it was a Muggle train so she didn't have to cross the barrier. Because that's only for the Hogwarts Express.

As everyone got on, we started to go. Most of the kids were hanging outside the window as they said goodbye to their parents which made me sad all over again.

About 10 minutes into the train ride, Fred and George stopped by and they make me laygh. They tried to sell me some of the stuff the make to get you out of class. But I didn't have any money and even I'd I did I would still pass.

They left after I passed, I guess to try and sell to someone esle. And right after they left this girl with brown hair and blue eyes came  to my compartment.

Well not really.. she stopped at my door.

"Excuse me? Do you mind if I sit with you everywhere else is packed?" She said kindly.

"Yeah, sure" I said smilin a bit

"My names Alexandra Anders" the blue eyed girl said as she sat across from me.

"My name's Madilyne Snape, but I prefer Maddie" I say telling her my name.

"That's a nice name" Alexandra said

"Thanks" I say back

No one has complimented my name before.

No one.

"How long do u think the train ride is?" I ask her

"No idea" she said with a small frown.

"But I did hear a couple kids years talking about how we are going to show up at around night time"

"Okay cool" I nod and looked out the window

"This is going to be a long ride" I think to myself.

As an hour goes by, I see the sun is starting to go down a little bit. I'm staring out the window, I see out of the reflection Alexandra is trying to do a simple spell.

Just then, another girl arrives at our compartment door.

"Oh I see this compartment is taken I guess I'll go-" the girl says when Alexandra cut her off.

"No, it's quite okay you can come sit with us"

Wow she's really polite

"Okay" she says as she sits down beside me

The girl has kind of poofy brown hair and brown eyes.

"I'm Hermione Granger" the girl said as she sat beside me.

"What are your names?"

"I'm Madilyne Snape, but call me Maddie" I told her

"And my names Alexandra Anders"

Hermione's POV

I had just come back from a compartment that Harry Potter was in.

Yes like  the Harry Potter

When I get back to my compartment its already full.

So I decide to find another one, as I'm walking there a lot of full ones.

Until I see one with only 2 people a brown haired girl and a blonde one. So I decide to stop by.

"Oh, I see this compartment is taken I guess I'll go-"

"It's okay, you can come sit with us" the brown haired one said.

So I sat down beside the blonde one.

"I'm Hermione Granger, what are your names?" The blonde one was the first to speak up.

"I'm Madilyne Snape, but call me Maddie" and the other one said
"And I'm Alexandra Anders"

My jaw had dropped and I looked at the blonde one.

"You don't happen to be related to Hogwarts potion Master Severus Snape do you?"

She couldn't have been... he never had a kid. And plus she was so much prettier then what she had seen of him.

Maddie just blushed and looked out the window.

"So what if i am?" she said quietly and I didnt say any more (though I wanted to)

Maddie's POV

It was dark by the time we stopped and got out.

I stuck by Hermione and Alexandra as we got out of the train despite the conversation we had.

We heard a voice that said "firs' years over here, over here firs' years" so I followed the voice and there was this giant man.

"Ahhh here we go, the names Hagrid, now I will lead yer to the boats now, foller close behind now"

If I was honest I was kind of scared because I hate going on boats.

So I got on the boats with Hermione, Alexandra, and this girl with short black hair.

I sat in the middle with the girl with short black hair and Alexandra and Hermione sat in the back.

We arrived back on land, and for the first time I saw the gimormus castle where we would be going to school.

We were lead into the castle and just outside a pair of doors when a woman came into view.

"Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, here you will taught to control your powers, and learn more about our kind. I am Professor McGonagall, Transfiguration teacher and head of Gryffindor house.

In a couple minutes you will be entering these doors into the Great Hall. But before you can sit with your classmates you must be sorted into a house. There are 4 houses Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.

House points. If you do something right you get house points. If you do any rule braking you will lose house points. At the end of the year the house with the most house points wins the house cup. We will be ready for you in a couple minutes."

After that speech she left a really blonde haired boy spoke up.

"So its true? What they're saying on the train? Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." There was a murmur of people whispering.

"You dont want to get caught with the wrong sort, I can help you there" he pushed forward.

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy that's Crabbe and that's Goyle" Ron   snickered.

"You think my names funny do you? Red hair and hand me robes, you must be a Weasley" Draco said with disgust.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thank you" Harry said sassily.

Just as he said that Professor McGonagall walked back out to us.

"We're ready for you"