Getting Detention

Maddie's Pov

I was laying in bed for what seemed like hours.

I saw Draco looking at my hair yesterday, no he couldn't like me... Could he? Wait why would he? People are allowed to just look at my hair

I laughed at myself and my thoughts were disrupted when Pansy told me to get ready for breakfast and grab my books for our class.

"Pansy, its a weekend, there's no school on weekends" I explained looking over at her with a smile still plastered onto my face. I was in a pretty good mood right now.

"But you still have to get ready stupid" she teased playfully "or are you going to the Great Hall like that?" Pansy laughed.

"Okay okay you're right" I giggle and get up  getting dressed  and brushing my hair.

Once I finished I walked over and walked downstairs with Pansy.

We them met up with Draco, Crabbe and Goyle in the common room and then went down to breakfast which seemed to be our morning routine now. Pansy was talking to Crabbe and Goyle, while I was having a small casual conversation with Draco

"I dont see why people hate you so much, youre amazing" I compliment him and he looks at me.

"An amazing friend, I mean" I say and my face turned slightly pink.

"Well, they dont know me, and most people who are not pure or half blood.. Even if they are they still get on my nerves anyway" he says as we walk to the Slytherin table.

As we walked in, we got a few looks from some Gryffindors, I guess they heard the last part. Oh well, after breakfast we're walking back down the corridor when some 1st year Gryffindor kids showed up.

"Stay away from Harry and Alexandra" one of them said. I frowned confused and I looked at my group and said "or what?"

I said as one of the kids pointed their wand at me but it didnt do much.

"Or this" and they punched me in the face.

"Stupfey" Draco shouted and pointed his wand at one of the kids as they fell backward. I could feel my face was already going to be bruised badly.

"That's my friend you filthy Gryffindor" Draco spat at them but before we could leave and possibly get me some help we heard Professor McGonagall's voice.

"What in the world is going on out here?" she asked sounding angry. Me and my friends tried to explain but she wouldn't really listen to us which was completely crazy.

"Which one of you shot the spell?" she asked

"Draco but he-" she cut me off not letting me explain anything

"Malfoy, Snape, my office at 5:00 for detention" before leaving.

"Did she forget your last name or what?" he scoffed "You're not related to Professor Snape, old teachers these days..My father will hear about this" Draco said as I felt a sharp hit of realization as she called me by my real last name.