Chapter 1: A Letter from Home

It has been five years since (F/N) was in his own world. He has now returned, but not to Kuoh city where he grew up. Instead he is in an unknown empire that he believes is under the control of the Khaos Union. Immediately after coming to the empire his peerage members all separate off from him. They will be watching him from a far and will also be working on finding out all that they can about what happened during the last five years.

(F/N) has been in the empire for two days. He has learned much already about how corrupt everything is. He has also learned that there is a rogue group of assassins called Night Raid that go around killing people seemingly at random. (F/N) thinks, "This place is really messed up. There is a messed up government and also a bunch of skilled assassins. I don't know which is worse." For this reason (F/N) has stayed out of the city for the most part. In his study he has learned that there are powerful weapons in the empire called teigu. He believes that they really are artificial sacred gears. He decides that acquiring one of these will be of great help to him in future battles he will inevitably have to fight in the empire.

While (F/N) is trying to find the location of a teigu that he will not have to kill for he sees a shadow overhead. (F/N) looks up to see a small creature flying right at him. After a brief moment (F/N) recognizes that the creature is in fact a dragon. Not just any dragon, it is Ellion. Ellion quickly collides with (F/N) not having the strength to stop himself. (F/N) notices that Ellion is carrying a small pouch. He removes it, and sees how tired Ellion is and that he is on the verge of death. (F/N) sends him into his dimensional pocket to have Ophis taken care of. He is sure that she will enjoy watching over one of her own kind compared to him.

Now that Ellion is safe (F/N) opens the pouch that he had. To (F/N)'s horror inside are four pawn evil pieces. Four of his pawn evil pieces. Seeing them tells (F/N) immediately that Murayama, Leon, and Mia all must be dead. (F/N) quickly pockets the pieces as tears fill his eyes. Knowing that some of his family members are dead breaks his heart. After he starts to recover from crying (F/N) notices that there is also a letter in the pouch. He opens that letter and reads the last words of Mia.

Dear (F/N),

I hope that you are doing well. If you are reading this that means that I have probably died. I have been writing this letter for you for some time to let you know how things are going and to tell you the truth about everything that is going on. I am sure that eventually you will return to us and that you will see this letter. I hoped that I would be able to tell you all of this in person, but that is clearly not possible anymore.

Shortly after you disappeared we decided that it was time for us to march on the Underworld and retake it. With our small number of forces we entered the Underworld and marched continually towards the capital city of Lilith. Along the way we did battle with the Bael clan who decided to join Hades. Together Leon and Murayama were about to defeat the leader of the Bael family. However, in the aftermath one of the other Bael family members fired a shot at them. Leon pushed Murayama out of the way and was nearly killed by the impact. Leon had Murayama remove his evil pieces so that we could give them to you when you returned.

We continued to march from that point on. We ended up eliminating the Belial family as well before we finally reached Lilith. Once there we engaged in a serious battle against grim reapers and devils that had stayed with Hades. During this battle Ajuka was killed as well as Murayama who died slaying one of the strongest grim reapers. I was also sliced by one of the scythes that the grim reapers had. I did not die instantly, but as a result my life has been dramatically shortened. Hades was killed in the battle by Sirzechs and we finally are in control of the Underworld again.

At the time that I am writing this letter it has been about three years since we retook the Underworld. During that time there have been many attacks by the Khaos Union to try and retake it. None of these attacks have been of any use as they have been repelled time and again. I fear that one day we will lose and all will be lost. I wish that you were here to tell me that it would all be alright. I am useless in battle as I can barely lift a fork to eat food. It is taking all of the strength that I have to write this letter. It is so important to me that I am willing to struggle through the pain to give you this one final message from me.