Chapter 11: Kill the Fallen Priest

(F/N) returns to the cathedral where the Jaegers are staying very late at night. He heads to his room to find that Kurome is waiting outside.

Kurome: "I thought you were only going to be gone a bit. It has been four hours."

(F/N): "Sorry I have a lot on my mind right now. I am not sure what I am going to do."

Kurome: "What do you mean? Just this morning you were talking about how you were going to always be there to protect me. Are you already doubting that?"

(F/N): "No Kurome, I found out something that concerns me. I don't want to bother you with it though."

Kurome: "Come on you can tell me anything. I won't care."

(F/N): "I found out that the men who killed all the people in my home city are indeed in the empire. Worse yet they are the minister's personal aids. They were the ones that killed the previous emperor and are the ones responsible for the current state of things. If it has not been for them there would never have been an assassination team formed in the empire. You would have never been sold off, and would probably be way better off."

Kurome is quiet for a while. She appears to be thinking about what she is going to say next.

(F/N): "What is it that you are thinking?"

Kurome: "I was just thinking about how my life would have been different if I hadn't been sold. To be honest I don't know if I would have been happier. I would never have met you, Wave, Bols, or any of my friends. I am sure that some aspects of my life would improve, but I would also have missed out on so much."

(F/N): "I cannot believe that you actually think that your life is better this way. You are constantly having to take drugs just to live, you are fighting against your sister, and I can tell you are in pain even now from that wound you got."

Kurome: "You don't get it do you. I am alright with this life because I have you to share it with."

(F/N) smiles at that and the two embrace.

Kurome: "I cannot leave the empire, but with all that you told me I think it would be better if you did. I doubt you could join Night Raid or anything but go and find some happiness."

(F/N): "As long as you are here Kurome being in the Jaegers and part of the empire is where I belong."

Kurome: "I am sorry for all the trouble I am sure I have caused you. You are giving up on getting your revenge, just for my sack. You have no idea how much that means to me."

(F/N): "I happily am giving it up."

(F/N) thinks: "I am giving up a lot more than just that. This very decision may end up costing us the whole world, but with Kurome right here somehow it does not matter so much to me. As long as I have her I will be alright."

Meanwhile outside of Kyoroch, Mine and Tatsumi are surveying the land. They are on their way back to the city when Mine says, "I smell gunpowder." Tatsumi uses Incursio and is able to get them to safety just as a massive number of missiles fly at where they were. Seryu descends from her perch that she was located at, upset that she failed to kill them. However, she still plans on doing so and begins to attack once more. Tatsumi rushes in to kill her, but is blocked by Suzuka, the last of the surviving Rakshasa Demons. A battle begins between the two of them as Tatsumi is forced to lead her away from the battlefield where Mine and Seryu are fighting.

Seryu has Koro grow to his large size to attack Mine. Seryu says, "You should be excited to be eaten by Koro. He has already eaten two of your friends, you should want to join them in his stomach." Mine is infuriated by this comment and her weapon becomes even more powerful as she blasts Koro. Seryu says, "That doesn't work on him." Mine says, "I already fought you once so I have already almost determined where his core is." Seryu continues to attack Mine alongside Koro, as Mine fights to survive.