Chapter 13: The Responsibility of a God

(F/N) opens his mouth to say something, but before he can speak Kurome interrupts.

Kurome: "(F/N) I already know what you are going to choose. When we spoke last night I could tell how conflicted you were. You have been trying to decide what to do all along haven't you. You know that you should be trying to avenge your friends and family. The Khaos Union that you told me all about, that I am sure these guys are part of, have done so much harm to you. You should just leave me and work on destroying them. However, despite all that I know you won't. You cannot give up on me can you. You would let the whole entire world be destroyed if it meant protecting me."

(F/N): "When did I ever say that?"

Kurome: "You didn't need to. The fact that you were conflicted told me that the decision you would make and what you have wanted to do for so long were not the same thing."

Cao Cao: "So your decision is to join us I take it."

Akame: "(F/N) to truly bring about change you have to be willing to sacrifice. If you cannot give up what you hold the most dear to you then you cannot truly make change."

(F/N): "What point is there is making the world a better place if you have to give up everything that you care about to achieve it?"

Akame: "Remember your friends that you told me about. You told me that they gave up their lives for the dream that you held dear. They died for what you told them. It is the responsibility of the living to carry on the wishes of the dead. You need to carry on their wishes."

(F/N): "Are you telling me I should just abandon your sister and move on like nothing happened?"

Akame: "I left the empire and betrayed my sister's trust because I was following what my heart told me was right. (F/N), what is it that your heart is telling you is right? Does it tell you that giving up on the battle with the Khaos Union to be with my sister is right, or does it tell you that you should keep on fighting."

Kurome: "It doesn't matter what you say to him, big sister. He has already decided what he is going to do. No matter what we say to try and change his mind it won't matter. He already has made up his mind."

Akame: "That is not true. Even now I know that he is still conflicted about what he should do."

Kurome: "You are right. As of right now he is conflicted. He is not sure what to do. As things currently stand there is only one option that he can really take though. Even if he did try to escape and leave me, there is no guarantee it would be worth it. He would be gambling that everything will work out. He will be throwing away his happiness with me just to get revenge."

Akame: "(F/N) will find happiness in life no matter which side he picks."

(F/N): "Akame how can you be so sure about what you did? How can you have such confidence that leaving your sister was the right choice?"

Akame: "I don't know for sure. All I can do is follow what my heart tells me is right. That is what you need to do now."

Shemhazai: "As touching as this little exchange between sisters is, I am getting rather bored. Just make up your mind already (F/N). You know whichever side you choose it will cost one of these sister's their lives. If you join us Akame will die and if you leave Kurome will die."

Esdeath: "He is right. (F/N) you are strong, one of the strongest people I have met. Yet you have a weak point that you have allowed your enemy to strike. By having this weak point you will break."

(F/N): "How can you say that? Are you saying that if the situation was different and it was Tatsumi, or the empire you had to choose, that you would not be conflicted?"