Chapter 8: Creations of a Mad Scientist

Esdeath has been called to a meeting with the emperor and Prime Minister Honest. The emperor is still very young and the government is basically run by the Prime Minister.

 The emperor is still very young and the government is basically run by the Prime Minister

Emperor: "Good work in clearing out the bandits

Emperor: "Good work in clearing out the bandits. As a result of the Jaegers efforts nearly all of the bandits that are in the areas surrounding the capital have all been killed."

Esdeath: "Thank you my lord. It has been fun dealing with them."

Honest: "As a reward for clearing out the bandits we will be providing you with money."
Esdeath: "Forward all of the reward money to my soldiers I have stationed up north."

Honest: "You truly are a benevolent leader."

Eseath: "Soldiers follow a leader they respect and will fight harder for them. With how I treat my soldiers it is no wonder that my soldiers are the strongest in the empire."

Esdeath begins to leave.

Honest: "Before you go I have a matter of business that I would like to discuss with you in private."

Esdeath agrees and they go to Honest's quarters for the meeting.

Honest: "I have received news of a new kind of danger beast showing up around the capital. Apparently they are very aggressive and have been even breaking into homes and devouring the residents."

Esdeath: "I have heard the reports of them as well. Supposedly they appear to be somewhat human like."

Honest: "I would like the Jaegers to help eliminate them for us as they are causing quite a bit of trouble. General Budo wants them all destroyed, but I see that as a waste. I would like you to collect a few specimens for me."

Esdeath: "I have already taken an interest in them so my Jaegers will handle this. I suppose catching a two or three for you will not be too much trouble."

Esdeath gets up to leave.

Honest: "Very good. Make sure to get some feisty ones for me."

On the road to the capital there is a band of merchants traveling that are in a rush to reach the city before nightfall. One of them says, "This area is dangerous, we need to speed it up before any of those new danger beasts show up." Another merchant says, "You are right we should step on it." Despite their best efforts they see a group of the new species of danger beast running at them. The danger beasts have gray skin and look like overgrown humans. As they near the wagon the merchants are using a figure, jumps past the wagon and punches one of the beasts. He then activates his flame thrower teigu called Rubicante. This man is Bols of the Jaegers and his proceeds to burn the danger beasts to a crisp. Several of them run away to a different part of the forest.