Chapter 7: A Stylish End

Night Raid base

After the return of Tatsumi to Night Raid the whole team throws a party. The current members at the base are Akame, Tatsumi, Lubbock, Mine, and Leone. During the party Leone gets very drunk. She wakes up to go and get a drink out of the natural spring near the base. As she is doing so, she sees a ripple in the water. All of a sudden a dagger flies out of the water and hits her in the head. An assassin climbs out of the water. He has been surgically enhanced to help him in battle.

Off to the southeast of the base Dr. Stylish stands with three of his mutated humans. These three specialize in reconnaissance. They included a girl with large ears for hearing, a man with a large nose for smelling, and a man with eyes enhanced for seeing far away. Dr. Stylish found the hideout while he was looking for Tatsumi upon Esdeath's orders. He suspects that Tatsumi is a member of Night Raid, but is not sure. Dr. Stylish gives the order to have his enhanced soldiers advance. Hundreds of enhanced soldiers rush forward.

Inside the base Lubbock, who uses a string based teigu finds out that enemies are advancing from all directions as they tug on the strings that he has laid around the base. He is about to find the others when an enhanced soldier breaks through the roof. Lubbock uses his teigu Cross Tails to tie the soldier up using wire. This works for a time, but the soldier breaks out as he is mostly immune to pain. He swings at Lubbock and is about to deliver a fatal blow. However, Lubbock wraps some of his wire around to act as a shield against the attack. Then he forms a spear out of wire, by weaving it together and throws it at the enemy to kill him. After this enemy is defeated, Lubbock turns to see more enemies are coming.

Lubbock begins to flee from the area to try and save his life. The soldiers continue to chase after him. He is about to get caught when Akame jumps in front of the soldiers and kills all of them very quickly. Lubbock says, "Thank you for that Akame." Before they are able to go anywhere another soldier appears that has had his whole body replaced with metal. He begins to fight Akame, summoning weapons out of various parts of his body. Meanwhile two giant enhanced soldiers appear to attack Lubbock.

During the fight these two are facing, Lubbock is able to tie up both of the giants and cut them into pieces using sharp wire. Akame is faster than her foe and is able to cut off both of his arms. He replaces these with a gun and a sword. Akame has the clear advantage in the fight. However, as the soldier is unable to feel pain and is mostly metal he is not stopping. Finally Lubbock throws his wire spear at the soldier to start him. Akame then proceeds to cut off the soldier's head.

Meanwhile Tatsumi is outside fighting against an enhanced soldier that possesses the teigu Extase, which are a giant pair of scissors. Tatsumi rushes forward to strike him. This attack is blocked. The soldier then uses Extase and cuts into Tatsumi's arm. The man says, "You are pretty quick. I meant to cut your arm off. Your armor will have no impact against these shears. They will cut through anything. Your armor is completely useless." Tatsumi rushes at him again. This attack also amounts to nothing as the two continue to do battle.

While they are doing battle the pink-haired Mine of Night Raid walks up. She is carrying a large sniper rifle with her. She sees Extase and shouts, "Those belong to Shel. Give them back." The man says, "I don't know what you are talking about, but I am going to kill you now." He jumps in the air and opens Extase to cut Mine in half. Mine points the gun at the soldier and waits for a second. She then fires a huge amount of yellow energy at the man, which completely obliterates him. Mine then says, "That is my Pumpkin for you. The more intense my fight the more intense my weapon." She then begins to cry over Extase, as they used to belong to one of her friends.

The assassin from earlier is now sneaking up on Mine and Tatsumi. He jumps out to attack and is met by a punch from a girl. He turns to see Leone in her beast form, which is granted by her teigu Lionelle. The man says, "How are you alive?" Leone smiles, "You got a pretty good shot in, but Lionelle gives me amazing healing powers, so I just needed to heal up. I am a big fan of surprise attacks, but I hate it when they are used on me. She then rushes forward and kills the man.