Chapter 10: The Truth Revealed

Once (F/N) and Kurome get to the city they meet up with Esdeath, Run, Wave, and Seryu. Seeing the pieces of Chelsea Koro devours all but the head. The head is then put on display to warn all members of Night Raid to not mess with the Jaegers. Kurome is taken to get special treatment for her wound, while (F/N) also has his gash sewn back together. Wave has several broken bones, but overall is alright.

The next two days go by in peace as the members of Night Raid appear to be plotting something. Several guards that the minister has posted in the city are working to locate them. The Jaegers have been assigned to protect a high ranking official in the Path of Peace named Bolic who is a spy for the minister. For this mission the Jaegers travel to Kyoroch city where Bolic is located. They are certain that he is the target of Night Raid in Kyoroch. (F/N) has learned from Esdeath that the reason for Kurome surviving the needle attack as well as why she was so weak has to do with drugs that she takes.

Kurome and Akame were both sold by their parents to a group that were training children to become assassins. Akame processed more natural skill than Kurome and the two girls were separated. Kurome was taken to the capital where they did horrible experiments to her with drugs to enhance her natural abilities. Kurome has since become highly addicted to the drugs. However, they will also shorten her life dramatically. To aid in taking the drugs Kurome has them baked into the cookies and other sweets that she always carries around with her.

After learning about this, (F/N) has been staying by Kurome's side and taking care of her as best he can. While he is doing this Kurome says, "Why is it that you always are trying to take care of me?" (F/N) replies, "You are my teammate so of course I am going to take care of you." Kurome says, "No I don't think that is it. Wave got hurt too, but you didn't even so much as try to help him. All of your attention has been focused on me." (F/N) smiles at her, "Well Kurome I guess it is because you are cuter than Wave so I would rather spend time with you." Kurome blushes at hearing this. She says, "Do you like me or something?" (F/N) responds by saying, "To be honest I do Kurome. I am not sure why and part of me wonders if it has to do with me feeling bad for you. However, I know that when I saw you injured so badly I was terrified. Despite the pain that I was in, as soon as I saw you I could not feel it anymore as every ounce of my attention was focused on helping you." Kurome says, "I am glad to hear you care about me. I am not really sure how I feel about you yet." (F/N) says, "That is alright. I should let you get some rest." (F/N) then leaves the room.

Finally after a week, Kurome appears to have recovered and asks to rejoin the fight. Esdeath delivers a roundhouse kick at Kurome, who blocks it.

Kurome: "See captain I am all better."

Esdeath: "Alright then I will have you start aiding in guarding Bolic as well."

Esdeath then walks away leaving (F/N), Wave, and Kurome standing there. As soon as she is gone Kurome collapses to the ground holding her head.

Wave: "Kurome are you alright. I will go tell the captain that you are still too weak to fight."

Kurome: "Please don't. If I get kicked out of the Jaegers that will be it. In the assassins squad after you are no longer of use you are killed. If Esdeath finds out I will no longer be of use and be killed."

Wave: "I am not going to let that happen."

(F/N): "Don't worry Kurome. If Esdeath kicks you out, I will just run away and take you with me. Then we can find some way to help you recover."

Kurome: "I cannot leave the empire. They are the only ones that can produce the drug I need."

(F/N): "I will find a way to help you recover from that too if needed. However, I will respect your wishes and not tell the captain. Just don't push yourself too hard."