I keep running into the same guy

"Hey! Can you pass me that ball?!"

I saw a boy with red hair waving at me from a distance, pointing to a ball that had stumbled near my leg. He started running towards me.

"You know," I closed the book I was reading and grabbed the ball, "The book was just starting to get good."

"It's just a book. It can't be that good," he had finally reached me.

I laughed, "It was kind of boring. Forty chapters just for the main protagonist to die in the end? Not my style."

"You didn't even finish the book. How would you know?"

I shrugged, "I looked it up," I held out the ball, "I'm (L/N) (Y/N), but you can just call me (Y/N)."

He grabbed the ball, "(Y/N), huh? I like that name."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"(Y/N)! Time to go home!" I heard my father yell from the park bench.

I turned around, "Yeah, dad! I'm coming!" I turned back to face the boy, "Well. That's my cue to go. It was nice to meet you...?"

"Right! I'm T-"

My alarm clock rang, jolting me awake.

I groaned and felt around for my phone. I turned off the alarm and got out of bed. I had my work-study today.

I wonder if Dabi had left.

I changed into my hero costume and walked downstairs. There was a piece of french toast on the kitchen table, with a small note next to it.

I walked over to the table and picked up the note:

Had to head out, Dollface. This is the only thing I know how to make.

Huh. He wasn't a complete dick. Actually, that was nice on his part.

I laughed, "Jesus, Barbeque," I said out loud, shaking my head.

I grabbed the piece of toast and started eating it, heading outside. I waved to Mitsuki, who was sitting in the front yard.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Heading to your work-study?"

I swallowed the bite of toast I had in my mouth, "Yep! I'll be back."

"Are you going to sleep here tonight?"

"Uh, yes! I will. Thank you so much for the place to stay," I bowed to her.

"No problem! Have fun today!"

"I'll try," I started walking to the train station.

I got to Hawks on time, which was good because I wouldn't want him to get pissed at me for being late. Again.

I walked into his office, "What's up, Chicken Wing?"

"I swear, (Y/N), I'm going to kill you."

"That wasn't very Hero-y, now was it?"

He looked like he was going to say something, but I cut him off.

"So," I said, "What are we up to today? I'm missing school for this, not that I'm complaining."

"Let's patrol for a bit, then we can train. You haven't used your quirk in action lately."

"Fine by me. Are we patrolling together, or...?"

"We'll split up. Meet me back here in like three hours. And, (Y/N)?"