I doubt everything, including myself.

Dabi was waiting for me in front of the headquarters, his arms crossed. He was leaning against the wall, looking down. It seemed he had yet to notice me.

       "Yo," I yelled, "What's up, Barbeque?"

      Dabi looked up and his eyes met mine, "Dollface," he looked at me, "Why are you in your hero costume?"

      "Hm?" I looked down at my clothes, "Right. You caught me at an awkward time. Hawks said I should head down here as soon as I can, which didn't really give me a chance to change."

      "Isn't it uncomfortable?"

      "It's perfectly suited to my body. A pain to put on and take off, but I'm accustomed to it."

      Dabi nodded, "If you insist. Though," he gritted his teeth, "Heroes aren't my style."

      "So I've heard," I walked towards him and put my hands on his shoulder, "That's awfully unfortunate, Dabi."

      Dabi's eyes seared into my skin, "You're serious about this?"

      "About what?" I asked, "What's wrong? You seem troubled. You have that face on."

         "Ugh! I have no idea what to write about." I chewed on my pencil and looked down at my paper.

         "You'll figure it out," Touya's response was short.

         "What have you been up to?" I pressed the tip of my pencil on the paper and it broke off, "You've been awfully quiet today."

         "Nothing," Touya's voice was strained.

         I glanced up at him, and his brows were furrowed. A scowl shadowed his face while he glared at the floor. I got up and walked towards him, touching his shoulder lightly. On contact, his shoulders relaxed and he seemed to be less tense.

         "What's wrong, Touya?" I asked.

         "Nothing, (Y/N)," he turned away.

         "Hey," I laughed, "Come on. You can tell me anything. Besides, I can recognize that face anywhere."

         Touya looked at me and his expression softened. The sun reflected off his red hair and he smiled, "Don't worry about it, Ice Princess," he got up and walked over to my desk, grabbing my paper, "You should write about how amazing I am. I can see it," he laughed, "Todoroki Touya is my only friend and he's amazing."

         I laughed and walked forward to meet him. Still, a thought nagged at the back of my head.

         What was wrong with him?

     Dabi's brows furrowed, "You're serious about Stain? About hating heroes?" He seemed to be struggling with something, "You want to be here, right?"

I was a spy.

     "Yes," my voice faltered, "Of course."

     Dabi leaned forward and put his head on my shoulder, "Thank you."

His voice seemed filled with relief. He seemed to have at least one of numerous weights being lifted off his body.

I felt a pang of guilt. What was going to happen when I was exposed?

☼☼☼

     "I don't trust you."

I froze at the sound of those words. I slowly turned around to meet Spinner, my body stiff.