8.

His hand was particularly low for George’s liking. It was practically on her ass and he couldn’t do or say anything about it but he wanted to. He and April were already seated at the exclusive table in the undefeatable Five Diamond Award winning restaurant. The host was talking to Raphael and Rose, keeping them from going to their table. Raphael wasn’t really paying any attention and didn’t try hiding it. He looked around the restaurant while tapping his foot impatiently when he noticed George glaring at his hand, so he decided to provoke him some more. Raphael squeezed Rose’s ass when he was sure George was looking. 

“Look at them.”

“What, George?” April sighed and looked in the direction George was staring at. “You should really stop staring at them like that. Leave them alone.”

“I can’t stand him,” George cringed in his really comfortable seat. The sight of Raphael touching his princess like that and him kissing her neck shamelessly while the host was still talking made George lose his appetite.   

“George, you better act normal this time and don’t let something happen like last time.”

Once everyone sat at the table, April and Rose were in deep conversation while George kept glaring at Raphael who was staring at Rose. Raphael’s plan was to be extremely affectionate towards Rose to make sure George would know he wasn’t going anywhere.

He kept kissing and touching her and she had to remember that it was all an act to him, but it was really hard on her as everything he did made her feel all warm inside.

She excused herself from the table and went to the ladies’ room. She made sure no one was in there and stood in front of the mirror, staring at her own reflection. “Switch it off, Rose,” she encouraged herself. “You don’t feel shit, you don’t like him like that. It’s just a crush.” When a lady walked in, she decided to exit the ladies’ room just in case she’d think Rose was psycho for talking to herself.

She had just rounded the corner to the long hallway back when a voice startled her. “I was starting to get worried.” She turned around only to see Raphael leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

“Okay.” She casually turned around and then smiled, being proud at herself for standing her ground like that instead of showing that she was extremely flattered by what he had said. Him grabbing her arm made her stroll a short one. “You should really stop grabbing my arm when you want me to stop walking.” She didn’t want to turn around to face him because she knew he could see right through her façade.

“Why? I’m not hurting you, right?” He loosened his grip for a second. Somehow, his grip was nothing like Vince’s. Raphael held her firmly, yes, but he managed to not hurt her by holding her the way Vince did.

“It’s annoying.”

“And it’s quite annoying you keep on walking away whenever I talk to you. Manners, Rose, it’s called manners.”

She abruptly turned around and frowned. “Are you telling me I don’t have manners?”

He had a feeling he know why she wouldn’t look at him. “Why can’t you look at me?”

She took a deep breath before really looking at him. The way it made her feel was the exact reason she couldn’t look at him. His entire appearance was just too much to properly take in without feeling anything. The way his eyes looked at her every single time made her feel so damn desired and she loved every second of it too. She just wished it was someone else, someone who could be able to have mutual feelings. Not just someone who wanted to sleep with her. “Aren’t I now?”

Within a second he had her against a door, hands pinned above her hand. Rose felt all those things happen to her body all over again when his eyes wandered all over her body. Again, just as she was trying something out to make her feelings stop, he’d notice and he’d put her entire plan into halt.