Chapter 7: Radicals

Briar Rose's POV

Matthew, Harry, and I ran to the center of town.
"Dad! Mum!" Harry and I called,

"Mr. and Mrs. James! Where are you?" Matthew added.

I searched for the crowds of corpses Matthew was talking about. I wondered if they would even bother to put the bodies in a cemetary or turn the body into ashes. They obviously didn't care if they possibly killed their paitent. Hopefully, they wouldn't throw the bodies into the Furwood Forest. Over 2 million bodies have been thrown into that forest. When I was 14 and a half years old, Matthew, an old friend of mine who sadly perished last month for a car accident named Vera, and I were walking throw that forest and found a ouija board along with multiple bodies. The planchete was broken into pieces and unuseable and the bodies were rotten to the bone. Not to turn this into a horror story but, none of us slept for a week.

"If your looking for your father, Briar Rose, he's into the Bionics Building." a stranger assured me.

Without any warning, a worker from the Bionics Building grabbed a hold of Harry, Matt, and I. He dragged us to the back of the building and into the basement.

"What the hell are you two doing here? Don't you know you're not supposed to be out? Your parents don't want you here and if they see you I'm going to loose my damn job!" the worker spat at us.

"That's not our problem! At least we don't tear people to shreads and have a possible chance at causeing a life to be lost!" I snapped. Passive Aggression took over me. The man rammed me into a wall. I felt my arm crack and dust flew from the corners. Matthew and Harry tired to pull the man away from me. The worker, who's name I found out was JD, punch Matt in the face.

"Wow, wow, wow! What's going on here? JD!" my father snapped.

"JD, do you know who you're beating up?" my mother cried.

"Radicals! They want to run us out of work! We'll loose all our earnings and this down will go down in flames!" JD angrily screamed.

"And it will be all your faults!" I declared running after JD.
My mother held me back. My father walked Harry and Matthew outside. He walked back in and my parents tried to talk to me about their work. They "cure" people and "improve" them. I understand people want to be cooler and whatnot but you don't need to be half cyborg.

"If you ever storm into the center of town and mess around, you will be known as a radical and will be hung. Do you understand?" my mother whispered.

"We don't want that to happen but it will!" my father added.

I wished I had replied 'some parents you are.'