Chapter-22

Written by @SrijeetaBhowmick

Author's pov

"Here you go….your Cappuccino and chocolate cookie sir. " A waitress said to an Old man who is a regular customer in the Cafe "Coffee Cups & lot more…".

"Thank you so much Sarah….." the man said smiling.

Sarah smiled sweetly and made her way towards the cash counter.
She stood there and watched the customers.  Today is Sunday so it's quite crowded. 

Her eyes fell on a couple who looked like college goers. Suddenly she became sad thinking about the one with whom she is in love….Aahil.
Seeing them all lovey-dovey she couldn't help but remember Aahil and the moments they spent with each other.

She still remembered how after meeting Aahil that night she decided to come back to India. She called Azhar that night.

"Hello," Sarah said.
"Yes..Sarah...what happened ? Is everything ok?" Azhar asked, checking the time.
"Yes...Sorry to disturb you...But I need your help…" she said.
"Actually I want to go back to India… Can you please help me in booking a ticket? " she said.
"Why?...At this time? What happened?" He asked.
She detailed him the details of the evening and at the end she started sobbing lightly.

"You love him...then why are you leaving him? Just go and say that to him." He said frustrated.
"I won't...he is happy with this Marriage….Umira is what he wants in his wife….I am happy in his happiness.  Moreover Aunty will not approve it. I don't want to create a rift between him and Aunty." She said.
"Uff..you both are mad….anyways think again Sarah…" he said.
"No..you just book the ticket and you have to promise that you will not say anything to him..I don't want him to know about my whereabouts. " she said.

At first he didn't agree first but after lots of pleading he agreed and  booked the ticket.

She packed her bag and took a photo of him and left from there at midnight.
She really wanted to see him one last time but stopped as she didn't want to become weak.

Azhar wanted to drop her but she denied .She went towards Airport and boarded the Plane.
After reaching India she texted Azhar her safe landing.

After landing in India, she called her friend  Samira and talked with her.

"Hello," Samira said.
"Samira," Sarah said.

"Oh my God !!! Sarah..are you ok?? Where are you?? Why did you vanish Suddenly???" Samira asked her questions in one go.

Sarah told her about everything that happened except her love life.

"That moron!!! How dare he?? You know uncle aunty complained to the police….they were so much stressed.
But Police didn't get you. Let's go, we will file a FIR  against them" Samira said.

"No no….don't….it's not needed. They did wrong but They didn't harm me did they? They guys are good so we don't need to do that.  Just if anyone asks I will tell you that I ran away as I was stressed with my studies and needed something to fresh my stressful mind." Sarah said.

"But if you say this Aunty Uncle will be upset with your irresponsibility.  Don't take others' blame on you." Samira said, tensed.

But how can Sarah see her love in any trouble? She can do anything for his happiness as she promised to herself.  In no way she will let him face any trouble and danger.

So Sarah convinced Samira that she will be okay with it.

Next day ,from a  local booth she contacted her foster parents and told them that she would come to meet them and she went to meet them as well.
They asked her about the sudden disappearance.  They already stressed about her.

Sarah felt sad hearing the chaos her parents had to face because of her. She felt guilty as she was about to lie to them.

Sarah told them the reason for her disappearance. Her parents got very angry at her.

After three days they again started to talk with her.

They went to the police station and withdrew the case.

She left her previous job and started working as a waitress. She has applied for a job in some places as she has already completed her graduation . To not waste the time and divert her mind,she joined as a waitress.

She didn't want to but she did because she knew if she didn't leave her workplace ,Aahil would come to know about her.

Suddenly her colleague called her breaking her reverie.

She wiped her tears and went back to her work.

After completing her work she went to her PG where she has started living here . Well, the reason is the same….Aahil. But she told her parents that she wants to live independently.

She came and had little food.

Then she talked with her friend Samira and her parents.

Then she laid down on her bed ...thinking about her life and future.

It's become her routine.
She is living her life like a zombie.

Everytime she thinks about Aahil ,she ends up crying. Then she tells herself to be strong and not cry.

Days started to pass like this.  The same routine goes on and on.

Recently she started to feel paranoid as if someone was following her wherever she was going.
But she shook away the feeling and continued her work.

Right now she got dressed and ready to go to her work.

She reached her workplace and changed into her uniform.

She started to take and place the orders with a fake smile plastered in her face hiding her pain.

It was evening .The cafe started to fill with more people.

"Wow….the man is so handsome…..listen I am going to take the order from him." Her colleague said .
But Sarah didn't react as she was least interested in it.

Suddenly her phone started to ring and she said,"Mom is calling..will you please take his order?"

Sarah smiled and started to walk towards the table.

"Good evening …. What do you like to have?" Sarah asked politely without looking at his face.

"Something which only you can give me…."

Hearing the very familiar voice ,she looked up with wide eyes. Her throat went dry and her heartbeat quickened.

"You,"  Sarah said almost in a whisper.