Chapter 5

Meeting the parents
Its 2 months after you and Harrison started dating and he's meeting your parents tonight. You don't know how to feel about it. You never brought any of your boyfriends home. But this time its different. In the past few weeks you and Harrison have fallen deeply and madly in love. Leia likes to tease you about it. She says you look at eachother as if there is nothing else. Harrison and you spend almost every single hour together. You're walking down the street to Harrison's house to pick him up. He didn't really want to meet your parents especially your dad but you convinced him and told him it would be fine. You knock on his front door and it immediatly opens. 'Hi.' Harrison says. You are absolutely stunned. Harrison always wears shirts, t-hirts and jackets but now he's wearing a suit. With bowtie and all. He looks really hot. 'What, to much?' Harrison asks and smirks. 'Damnn.' Is all you can say. 'I know right.' Harrison playfully raises an eyebrow. He pulls you in for a passionate kiss. You smile. 'Come one hotshot, let's get going we don't want to be late.' 'We wouldn't want that now would we.' Harrison says and takes your hand. 'So are you nervous?' You aks. 'To be honest yes.' You smile. 'Yeah me too.' Harrison looks questioning. 'Why?' He asks. 'Oh god, please tell me your brother isn't home.' You nod. 'Yeah he is.' You have a twinbrother named Matt. You get along just fine but when it comes to guys he always teases you and ends up fighting with them. 'Well.' Harrison says. 'I hope he likes me. I hope your parents do too.' 'Harrison.' You say. 'What is it sweetheart?' He asks. 'I want you to know that nothing changes if they don't like you.' Harrison kisses the top of your head. 'I know sweetheart.' 'I really really mean it.' You say fierce. 'I dont care what anyone thinks. Because I-' You calm down a little. 'I love you.' Harrison looks a bit surprised at first but then he smiles bright. 'I love you too.' You kiss him. Harrison puts an arm around you and holds you very thight as you walk. You feel safe in his arms.

You open the front door. Your parents walk into the hall. 'Mom, dad.' You say. 'This is Harrison.' Harrison smiles akwardly. 'Its nice to meet you.' He says. 'Ah its so nice to meet you.' Your mom says. 'We've heard so much about you.' Harrison smiles. 'Nice to meet you boy.' Your dad says and he gives Harrison a firm hand. Your brother walks in. 'Hello.' He says. He studies Harrison. When your brother sees he's stil holding your hand he lookes disapproving but he doesn't say anything. 'I'm Matt.' 'Hi, I'm Harrison.' Your boyfriend says. 'Come sit down.' Your mom says. 'We're eating Lasagna. I hope you like it Harrison.' 'I love it.' Harrison says polite. You sit down besides Harrison. 'Y/N can you help me with the salad?' Your mom asks. 'Oh yeah sure.' You say. You look at Harrison. His eyes say: please don't leave me here. 'I'll be back in a sec.' You say and kiss his forehead. Your brother gives you a dirty look but you ignore him. You and your mom walk into the kitchen. 'So where'd you get that moviestar?' She asks. You laugh. 'He's in my class.' 'He's cute and he seems nice.' Your mom says. 'Good catch.' 'Mom!' You say. 'What?' She asks. You laugh. 'Nevermind. I won't tell him you just called him a "good catch".' Your mom laughs. 'Better not.' You go back to the dinning room were its akwardly silent. You sit down and give Harrison's hand a small squize. 'So.' Your dad says breaking the silence. 'What do you do for fun Harrison?' 'Well I play tennis and on Saturday I work in a carpenter shop.' 'Y/N used to play tennis too. Maybe you could go together sometime.' 'Yeah that would be fun.' Harrison laughs and puts an arm around you. You look to your dad but he doesn't seem to mind. 'And what are you planning on doing after high school?' He asks. 'I'm thinking of going to college.' Harrison anwsers. 'Good.' Your dad says. You know from your dad that he thinks education is important. 'Dinner's ready!' Your mom walks in with the lasagna.

The rest of the dinner goes quite smooth and you feel Harrison relax beside you. It goes better than you ever imagined. Even your brother seems to be okay with your boyfriend. Your dad was never a very strict dad so that has always been in your advantage. In the end of the evening you and Harrison go to the front door to go. You're walking him home. In the hall your parents say goodbye to Harrison. 'It was nice to meet you my boy.' Your dad says friendly. 'You too sir.' Harrison says and shakes your dad's hand. 'It was lovely having you at dinner.' Your mom says. 'You are welcome to come again.' Harrison smiles. 'Thank you.' 'Take good care of her son.' Your dad says. 'I think he will.' Your brother says. Your entire family and Harrison look surprised. That's not like him. 'I will.' Harrison says. 'No harm will come to her.' You smile to him. He puts an arm around your shoulder and you leave the house.

'Soooo. What do you think?' You aks. 'You have a loving family.' Harrison says. 'They're very nice.' 'I'm really glad they like you.' You say. 'Yeah me too.' Harrison says. He stands still. 'Y/N.' He says. 'Yes?' 'I really love you.' Harrison says. 'There is no one I would rather be with.' 'I love you too.' You say touched by his word. He hugs you thight and kisses you. You say goodbye and Harrison goes inside his house. In the moonlight you walk home thinking about how lucky you are to have him.

A/N
Hii everyone! I hope you like it! The next chapter will be a time skip to when you and Harrison finish college. I need your help. I'm struggling with finding a right way for Harrison to propose. Should he do it in front of a big crowd or private place? Please let me know in the comments and vote 🥺💞😍