After

After two weeks of slow yet progressive healing.

I could stand without feeling like daggers were puncturing my sides. I could breathe normally again, thanks to healing from my wolf and the help of our pack. Or least the pack members who tended to my wounds.

In the two weeks that had passed, Fay had recovered as well. She was distant and I knew in her situation, I would be the same.

So during the rare occasion when I did get to see her, I'd speak to her a little bit then listen to her as she got every little thing off of her chest. The fun wolf I had met not that long ago it seemed, was gone.

They had her mates funeral the first week I was in the infirmary. So I couldn't properly apologise or speak my piece. She needs her time to grieve.

◇☆◇

I sighed. I had only been able to leave the infirmary a day ago. I had talked to all the high ranked wolves of the pack then too, to ensure we were somewhat recooperating properly. To which as anyone would expect, Scorn scolded me for. He wanted me to rest.

I don't know why...
I'm mostly healed as it is. But he's been acting...different, more protective. Something about wolf instinct probably.

I sat up in bed the room completely different. When I was gone. Scorn had completely taken over my room.
So it's "OUR" room now as he likes to emphasize. But I'm happy and so is my wolf, I get his calming scent everywhere.

Moving the covers off of myself I slipped outta bed. My wolf huffed at me in protest, in my head. I ignored her.

I grabbed a pair of black knee high socks to keep my feet warm, putting them on before walking out into the hall tying up my hair. Once again my wolf huffed then whined, probably trying to tell me to turn around and go lay down.

Not Happening, I giggled to myself as she growled lowly at me.

Then my body stiffened and my mark burned as if it was growing down from my neck making me gasp.

Closing my eyes to try to calm down two heart beats ringing in my ears. I sat down right in the hallway curling up to calm myself as my heart raced and my mind spun with questions.

I shifted.

I didn't mean to. I was too confused to keep control. My wolf whined and ran back to the room nearly twice her normal size, hiding under the bed growling like a rabid dog. I had no control. Bad situation.

Fuck.

She growled at my cursing then climbed out from under the bed making us pace. My mark and collarbone ached and my stomach churned with unease.

She layed down curled up which distracted her enough for me to take back control and shift back my whole body aching. I layed on the floor panting.

I laid there for a while unmoving until my stomach settled down. I got up after what felt like hours and stood up holding onto the wall for support. Right as a wave of yet more pain washed over me.

This is bullshit...

My wolf laughed, my heart dropped to the floor as goosebumps appeared all over my body.

No fucking way.

You didn't just...

Laugh at you? She snickered in my head, Yep.

Oh no

My birthday's coming up.

I low growled at myself for not keeping track.

But now, I knew for sure.

I had very distant wolf heritage just not too distant. If she could talk then one of the first wolves in history were still alive if not more.

I had been told of the possibility but being in my previous pack, they didn't care.

I was an omega, lowest rank. Why would they have cared? Then I become a warrior and it starts turning around before everything suddenly changed for the better.

I'll be seventeen soon. Seventy-five in wolf years. Wolf years are 4.44 years to humans. Weird but cool I'd suppose. But now, I have a snooty wolf to deal with until I turn seventeen. Then hopefully it goes away. It is faint distant heritage and pack rules differ from human ones.

For example I can't "link" anyone. Especially Scorn. That's a push and pull between mates and our wolves.

My wolf can comand another, that's all. I can't.

And especially now...others would think I was crazy if I told them my wolf could speak.

That's how long the first wolves to ever shift have been "extinct".

Lost in thought Scorn ran up the stairs from down the hall and took a sharp turn into our bedroom. Taking a quick look about the room then to me. He asked, "What the hell happened here?"

I smiled sheepishly before responding. "I lost control suddenly."

Scorn gave me a confused look then one of concern. "So that's what all the pain was from through the bond, and why my wolf went crazy?"

Looking away from scorn walking over to our bed. I sat down looking at the floor.

"Not completely." I whispered.

Glancing up at Scorn who looked worried.

"My birthday is coming up. I have distant heritage somewhere. I dunno, I can't remember my human life. But-"

"Back in the day they fully shifted around the age of seventeen years. So what you're slowly trying to beat around the bush about is that our marks started burning cause your wolf is growing." He finished for me a bit outta breath.

"And she's speaking," I whispered.

Just that sentence alone made him smile. Which confused me, deeply. But without time to question.

Scorn walked around the bed then sat down next to me.

We sat there in silence for a bit as he held my hand.

"Mine does too," he whispered. "Happened a similar way without the burning mark. Our ancestors are to be extinct. So I haven't told anyone, ever, in my life."

He chuckled to himself. "Good to know we hold the same secret"
Gently caressing my hand with his. "What do you wanna do for your birthday then, Birthday girl?"

I blushed my face flushed a light pink. "Hmm...Spend the whole day with you." I said while glancing at him. "Meaning good food, possibly a movie marathon, and cuddles."

He laughed, "Seems like you got it all planned out."

"Little mate~" he added knowing the nickname only pissed me off.

My wolf snickered at our mate in my head. "Won't be little mate anymore after too long."