two

[m/n] lied, he did not go straight home

[m/n] lied, he did not go straight home. he might have took a little detour, which ended him in being lost. he most definitely didn't want to call his brother, not wanting to be yelled out (even if he was already going to be when he got home).

he sighed and sat on the sidewalk, letting his head fall into his hands. "move."

"kageyama! don't be rude!"

[m/n] looked up to see the two first years from earlier that day, mumbling a sorry and standing up so they can pass by—too embarrassed to ask for help.

luckily for him, a certain sunshine noticed the distress on his face, "you're the guy from earlier right? are you lost?"

[m/n]'s cheeks flushed a bit, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, "maybe."

the ravenette next to the shorter male scoffed, "stupid."

"stop being so mean kageyama!" the shorter one whined. "i'm hinata! you're rei's brother right? i heard you guys talking earlier." he admitted sheepishly.

"no, you were eavesdropping." kageyama scoffed, wondering why he's even still waiting for hinata in the first place.

"yeah..i'm [m/n]."

"well rei usually walks that way," he said pointing behind him, "we were going to go get some meat buns...how about you come with us and then kageyama can walk you home!!"

"i'm not walking him home."

"he's going to walk you home!"

[m/n] looked nervously between the two, deciding to decline once he saw the irritated look on kageyama face, "i think i'll find my own way..."

before [m/n] could get far enough in the other direction, kageyama pulled him back, dragging him along with hinata as they walked to get meat buns, "don't be an idiot, i'll walk you." he mumbled, pulling [m/n] in between them.

"are you new? i haven't seen you before." hinata asked trying to start a conversation with the male.

[m/n] shook his head, "i've always been here...it's my second year.."

hinata gasped, reaching over to hit kageyama, "let go of him!! he's our senpai idiot!!"

kageyama let go, rolling his eyes.

"ah, don't call me that." [m/n] said with a small blush, luckily they couldn't see as it was pretty dark.

for the rest of the way to the small store hinata attempted to make small talk with the second year, kageyama speaking up every now and then to tell the middle blocker to shut up.

[m/n] was nervous to walk with kageyama, he kinda scared him—but he probably won't admit to it if he was asked.

he coughed awkwardly, "so...um, which way did my brother go..."

kageyama didn't say anything, instead he just started walking. it was a few minutes before the first year spoke up, "does anything look familiar?"

[m/n] looked around, eyes lighting up when he saw the park he was at moments before, he must've went the wrong way when trying to return home. "yeah! thank you, i can find my way home now."

"idiot, how come you can't remember where you live." he mumbled.

"it was dark..."

"well it's dark now but i still remember where i live."

"you're being very rude to your upperclassmen." he scoffed, yes, he did just pull the upperclassmen card on the first year.

"you said not to consider you one earlier." kageyama said with a growl.

"no, i said don't call me senpai." he corrected, not even noticing he was in front of his house, about to pass it.

"same thing!"

"no it's not—"

"[m/n]! where the hell have you been?!" rei yelled, walking out the house.

[m/n] looked down, "i got lost.."

rei sighed, "i—just..go inside please, i brought home dinner."

"thanks for walking me home kageyama."

the first year only nodded, eyeing the two brothers.

"this is why i said to go straight home or wait for me. you did neither!" rei continued to scold his brother, but the second year seemed to be used to it and paid little mind.

"this is so embarrassing.."

NOTES .
this chapter was kind of sucky cause i didn't know how to end it ;-; but now that i realize it, i'm making rei seem bipolar asf... i hope you liked this chapter!!!!