seven

ive been pretty motivated lately so my update schedule might be a little better than before (i don't want to rush the chapters tho cause if i do they'll suck more than they already do 💀)

"i saw you with oikawa."

the voice made m/n jump, dropping the money he was about to put in the vending machine. what was up with people popping up out of nowhere?

sighing, m/n reached down for the coins and put them in the machine, pressing the button of a random drink. "i wasn't really trying to hide it." he muttered when he felt kageyama continue to stare at him.

"why were you with him?"

m/n scoffed, grabbing his drink and walking passed him, "why not?"

"he's from a different school—a different volleyball team."

m/n sighed, before turning to face the first year, "don't be a cliche," he took another sip of his drink, "'he's on a different team!' yada yada yada, what is this? a cliche teen drama?"

kageyama looked rather offended but didn't say anything. m/n rolled his eyes, "look, all i'm saying is i can be friends with whoever the hell i want—no matter the school, kay?"

the first year nodded, the look in m/n's eyes showed he was in no mood to continue their conversation. "good." and with that, m/n walked away.

"you were supposed to ask him to join the volleyball team!" the ginger exclaimed, popping out from around the corner. originally, the two first years were going to try and convince the male to join the team—per hinatas request—and kageyama insisted it be him to do so.

the ginger was suspicious about it but let him nonetheless, unaware of the fact kageyama had a few more words to say.

"shut up, dumbass!"

needless to say, kageyama got an earful for his actions all day by none other than hinata.

"please join the volleyball team, m/n senpai!"

m/n wasn't surprised that hinata was asking him to join the team, "i thought i told you not to call me that." he muttered, he cheeks tinting a light pink.

"sorry!" he squeaked out, "but please join the team, we need you!"

m/n hummed, "no you don't, you think you do. it's quite flattering, but i'm fine."

"b-but—" m/n just patted his shoulder as he walked passed, taking his usual way home so he can change before heading to work.

m/n thought he'd finally have his earned peace and quiet, but the world was against him—obviously.

"that idiot never stops talking about you, you know? rei gets irritated and now i'm starting to," m/n turned to see a tall blonde walking alongside him, a shorter male with freckles next to him. "so, for everyone's sake, just join the damn team."

m/n rose a brow, "well you're new." the second year has been approached by hinata, kageyama, hell, even tanaka and nishinoya, all trying to convince him to join the team. it was refreshing to see a new face, but unfortunately, it was all for the same reason.

"as i told the others, i have no interest in joining."

"then why'd you try and join before? where'd all your interest go?"

"you're very rude, i'm older than you, you know?" yes, m/n once again, pulled the upperclassmen card on a first year.

"we both know i don't care about that, and neither do you."

m/n squinted at the blonde, then he looked to yamaguchi, "i like you, tsukishima. you too, yamaguchi."

"i-i like you t-too, m/n!"

m/n smiled when the male stuttered out his reply, the freckled male sure was a cutie.

"i don't hate you."

ah, there was the little tsundere response m/n expected. m/n didn't know tsukishima well, but by the way the first year carried himself it became easy to read him.

"this is my stop," m/n announced to the two first years, "it was nice talking to you...and i'll think about—the volleyball thing that is."

tsukishima only nodded, ushering yamaguchi to continue walking.

m/n nodded to himself, before rushing inside to change for his job.

"m/n?!"

weirdly enough, it was hinata who, once again, alerted the gym of his presence. the ginger bounced over to the second year and looked up at him with big, hopeful eyes.

hinata looked so adorable and childlike, and all m/n wanted to do was pinch his cheeks, so he did. "you're so cute." he hadn't expected himself to be so blunt, but cmon, you'd be the same way if hinata was looking at you with those eyes.

"have you changed your mind about volleyball, m/n?" sugawara asked kindly, a soft smile on his lips as he looked at the younger male.

m/n shrugged, "i like tsukki a lot, he's blunt and not annoying, so i decided to come back," he spoke, sparing a glance to the tall blond, "that is, if you'd have me."

daichi looked at him seriously, "are you serious about this? i don't want to have you run out on us again."

m/n pursed his lips, before glancing at his brother, "yeah, i am." he nodded with confidence as he looked away from rei.

daichi gave a smile, "well, you'll probably have to talk to coach still, get some things worked out but...welcome back, hopefully for good."

m/n gave a smile, and soon hinata was jumping around him, spewing excited demands to practice together and such. and for some reason, m/n wasn't annoyed by hinatas loudness for once, he found it quite warming.

cautiously, m/n turned to catch his brothers gaze, in return, rei suzuki only pursed his lips but he didn't look angry at m/n's choice, and that alone made m/n look away and smile to himself.

NOTE.

[EDIT: THIS STORY HAS PROGRESSED SINCE THIS WAS POSTED, THE LOVE INTERESTS ARE PICKED AS OF NOW! it might change later but idk]
hi! thank you guys for interacting with the questions i left on the previous chapter, most of you guys wanted him to be on the team, rather than off/being the manager.

most of you guys also wanted there to be a love interest, and so far these are the people that have been named.

1. suga
2. kenma
3. kageyama
4. iwaizumi
5. kuroo
6. oikawa
7. akaashi
8. ushijima

you can still give ideas and names if you'd like and i'll add them here, but for now i will slowly start easing m/n into friendships with the following people so we can get a little look into their relationships.

thank you guys for reading, voting and interacting with my story, it means a lot!