nineteen

m/n suzuki was acting weird

now, the team has gotten a little used to m/n and his rare, yet interesting emotional bursts on different days, most days he's basically a brick wall, the next he'd be sad, some days he'd be overly excited but never had they ever seen y/n so embarrassed over nothing.

he had refused to look anyone in the eyes, and he didn't want to talk to anyone about what was wrong. even rei, who went to wake up his brother in the morning, got the cold shoulder.

the second he had opened his brothers door m/n was already running out with his bag in hand and face flushed. they were practically walking on eggshells around him today because any simple action would make him flinch then flush red once again.

the third years observed the male sitting with the volleyball in his lap, he'd been staring at the floor for almost five minutes straight and they were sure his eyes were going to dry out if he didn't blink soon.

"m/n."

m/n looked up and saw both yamaguchi and tsukishima looking down at him curiously, the second year just looked back down to his lap with red cheeks.

rei gasped, getting his fellow third years attention, asking for his observation. no....m/n couldn't possibly....have a crush on both tsukishima and yamaguchi?! it must be the case! why else would he be so flustered? they were the only ones in the gym m/n hangs around daily.

"why are you acting so weird?" tsukishima asked, tired of hearing yamaguchi's worries for the male.

m/n trusted them.

m/n looked around, motioning for them to come closer, "i....i had a dirty dream about iwaizumi and oikawa.. and i can't stop thinking about it.." he whispered, hitting himself in the face with the volleyball afterwards. tsukishima laughed uncharacteristically loud

"you're acting like this because of a di—"yamaguchi covered tsukishima's mouth once he saw the sheer look of panic cross m/n's face.

"he doesn't want anyone else to know, tsukki. let's leave it at that..." yamaguchi offered his hand to m/n, who took it and let yamaguchi pull him up, "don't worry about a silly dream, we should be practicing now."

m/n nodded his head, "right..."

"you should invite yamaguchi and tsukishima over for dinner tomorrow." rei said as he picked up their dirty plates to put in the sink.

m/n looked at his brother weirdly, "and why would i do that?"

rei hummed, "well they are your friends, no?"

"well so are oikawa and iwaizumi, should i invite them as well?" m/n challenged, leaning his head in the palm of his head as he watched his brother tense at the third years names.

"fiiiine." rei said with a sigh, rinsing off the plates and putting them in the drying rack. "i'm just trying to be helpful, you know, with them?"

m/n tilted his head in confusion, what could he possibly need help with that involved both yamaguchi and tsukishima? he tapped his lip as he thought, what am i missing here? he thought.

after seeing the genuine confusion on m/n suzuki's face, rei walked over and flicked his forehead. "i know you have a crush on them, so i'm just trying to help out, give them the brother approval, ya' know?" he said, nudging him with suggestive brows.

m/n stood up from his chair and spluttered, making many gestures that rei couldn't seem to decipher. ah, was he embarrassed rei had caught him? yeah definitely that. rei thought proudly.

"don't worry little bro, i'll invite the future brother in laws for you." he said with a wink, reaching for his phone (he didn't have the first years numbers but he was sure daichi did, so he'd have to ask him).

after regaining his fucking senses, m/n slapped the phone out of his brothers hands, both of them staring at the object as it slid across the floor. it was a little dramatic, but it showed m/n was obviously not okay with the idea.

rei suzuki pointed at his phone lazily, opening his mouth to say something but instead closing it with a small sigh. he couldn't help but look at his phone with sad eyes, everything that poor little device has seen and been through with rei.

all of his secretive videos, he'll never be able to see them clearly with the now cracked screen. poor rei, his gallery will have to wait for him until his screen is fixed.

"i-i'm sorry! i'll pay to get it fixed." m/n apologized, running to pick up the phone and turn it on to see if it still works.

"no don't!—"

m/n's eyes went wide, a loud high pitched scream leaving his lips as he dropped it once again. another sorry falling from his lips as reached to pick the phone up again.

m/n turned to look at his brother with teary eyes, "w-why would you put that as a wallpaper....how could you ruin my high standards for you guys....i can't....i need to bleach my eyes....."

rei took his phone from m/n's hand, "i said don't." he said with a shrug.

"you don't even look remorseful!" m/n exclaimed, "gross...just....gross."

m/n then remembered the whole reason the phone was damaged, "don't invite them! i don't like them like that...."

"you don't? then why did you act like–"

"i don't want to talk about it," m/n cut off, pushing passed his brother to go to his room, "now if you excuse me, i need to find a way to get that–that image out of my head."

rei watched as his brother slammed his door shut, a muffled scream being heard shortly after. rei looked down at his phone, turning it on.

"well, then."

NOTE .

i'll leave you guys to guess what rei's wallpaper was 😳