eight

my class starts in like three minutes so i decided to post this prewritten chapter while i wait 👀

practice was quite tough for m/n, seeing as he never really took the time to exercise on his own time

practice was quite tough for m/n, seeing as he never really took the time to exercise on his own time. but surprisingly enough, m/n handled himself just fine and didn't give up like some expected him to.

it showed he was really serious about being on the team and the team appreciated that.

even with his job, studies, and sports, m/n didn't feel overwhelmed, he felt the right about of busy.

he hoped by not only getting a job, but sticking  close to rei with volleyball and not worrying him would make his brother a little less overwhelmed with everything.

now, with a job, m/n could (hopefully) repay him. he not getting tons of money considering his age, but he'll be bringing home a decent amount. for food, clothes, and some could probably be just for spending on the side (but he'd rather just save).

by doing this, hopefully rei wouldn't feel the need to spend his own money on m/n and instead spend it on himself.

m/n didn't want to be burden, especially not to someone he admires and looks up to so much. so the more he can provide and do for himself, the less rei has to worry, right?

"you ready to go?" m/n was shocked to see rei sitting on the bench waiting for him. this first week of practice, m/n would walk home with tsukishima and yamaguchi then go to work—only seeing rei when he got home.

"uhm, yeah, i was walking with tsukishima and yamaguchi though," he mumbled, hiking his bag over his shoulder, "do you...do you want to walk with us?"

rei only nodded and followed behind his younger brother, bidding a goodbye to the teammates left in the gym doing who knows what.

"hey, guys, rei is going to walk with us today." m/n announced when they reached the two first years at the steps.

yamaguchi smiled in understanding, whereas tsukishima looked the third year up and down, it was quite clear the blonde didn't exactly like the older suzuki.

he won't admit it, but he didn't like the way the older had treated m/n, "hmph, i don't care, let's just go."

m/n shook his head at the taller male, a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

rei just watched as his brother interacted so freely with the two first years—not having seen m/n be so open and true with anyone before, so seeing m/n smiling and laughing with the two shocked him a bit.

m/n stopped in his tracks when his phone vibrated in his pocket, he furrowed his brows when he saw an unknown was calling him. he hesitated before picking it up, "hello?"