eleven

DROPPING A CHAPTER HERE BEFORE I GO TO CLASS AAHHHH

it was safe to say m/n was excited to play volleyball

it was safe to say m/n was excited to play volleyball. he was staring at the team in awe as they played, scoring points with such ease.

there was no doubt karasuno was a good team, and it worried m/n a bit that he'd only bring them down but he pushed his thoughts aside and cheered for them.

they looked so cool and it wasn't hard to feel the excitement when the team was so close to winning the second set.

"you seem happier than usual."

m/n flushed, trying to calm his excitement.

"narita stop, you're embarrassing him." kinoshita snickered, pointing to m/n's red cheeks.

their short banter was cut short when the team cheered, they had one the first game.

m/n ran to the team, various compliments leaving his lips as he jumped around. nobody could comprehend any of it as it was new sight for them to see m/n act this way—the second year was usually composed and quiet.

"it's just so different seeing you guys play in a real game!"

sugawara ruffled the gingers hair with a soft smile, "i'm glad you're so excited, can we expect the same excitement for when you actually play?"

m/n nodded his head, "of course!"

"m/n-chan~!"

m/n looked for the voice, only to be met with a volleyball in the face. the second year rubbed at his cheek, waving off an apologetic asahi.

when m/n saw the two familiar third years he couldn't help but smile a bit. he gave a short wave to them, "hey asahi, i'm going to talk to them really quick, is that okay?"

the third year nodded, "i'll go practice with rei, come meet me when you're done?"

m/n nodded, before jogging to where iwaizumi and oikawa stood, "hi, guys..." he said quietly.

"why didn't you play earlier?" iwaizumi asked, shoving his hands in his jacket pockets, "we were hoping to see you play."

"why? to get a feel for my skills?" m/n joked, rolling his eyes.

"we just wanted to cheer for you!" oikawa smiled, jumping on m/n.

m/n flushed, clearing his throat as he tried to push the third year off of him, "y-yeah right.."

"uh, this weekend do you want to hang out with us?" iwaizumi asked, pulling oikawa off of the ginger.

"like a da—" iwaizumi slapped a hand over his mouth.

"i'd...like to hang out..." m/n mumbled, eyes trained on the ground.

"yay! we're going to have so much fun!" oikawa promised, throwing himself on m/n once again.