eighteen

i total my didn't forget where in the anime i was for the story🙈 so, for clarification we are going to say this chapter is season 2, episode 12

m/n rubbed yamaguchi's back soothingly, his free hand rummaging through his bag and pulling out his plastic bottle. "here drink my water."

yamaguchi hesitantly took it, drinking some, "thanks..." he whispered when he gave the bottle back to m/n.

m/n nodded, sitting against the wall between tsukishima and yamaguchi, frowning when he noticed the sick looks on both hinata and asahi.
"are you nervous?"

m/n shook his head, "not really, i probably won't get to play much anyways..."

"you've gotten better though! you'll play for sure!" yamaguchi exclaimed, throwing an arm around m/n's shoulder with a smile.

m/n grabbed his phone from his bag after hearing it vibrate, he immediately picked up and held it against his ear, "hmm."

"good luck on your game, m/n-chan!" m/n winced and pulled the phone away at the loud yell.

"ah...thanks, you guys too.." m/n mumbled, side glancing at his two friends, "uh, bye!" m/n then shoved his phone away and let out a sigh.

karasuno had won their first match, and were now going to start their second one. unfortunately m/n didn't get to play the first game, but yamaguchi kept insisting he will this game. m/n didn't mind either way considering my it wasn't his choice, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't a little anxious to play a bit.

it was obvious everyone was a little nervous at the height of the male on the opposing team, and m/n couldn't blame them, even he was a bit intimidated by the taller male and he wasn't even on the court.

tsukishima was the first to serve, successfully getting it over the net. though the ball was easily received and back up in the air. it was then set to the extremely tall male, who—despite being marked by hinata, kageyama, and tanaka—hit the ball above the block and earning a point for his team.

considering his height they can't say it was extremely shocking, he was tall, but he managed to hit it over three blockers! if it was that easy for him, what was the point of blocking? they didn't give up though.

nishinoya shakily revived the ball and sent it to tanaka, "hinata, get the last!"

while hinata was in the air, he knew he would get blocked if he went straight for it. so he went with a soft hit, it would've normally been able to go over the block, but it didn't. hinata was blocked.

the score was 4-2 in kakugawa's favor. nishinoya had managed to receive kakugawa's number 9's spike, hinata also being able to score a point himself.

m/n jumped when hinata and kageyama did their new quick, shaking ennoshita silently. ennoshita could tell m/n was just trying his best not to scream out with excitement at the successful point.

the other team didn't even see it coming!

tsukishima is so cool when he blocks! he doesn't even looked phased! m/n thought as he watched tsukishima block one of the other teams spike.

the team continued to work hard until they were at set point, making m/n grow a little nervous. his hand instinctively reached down to hold kinoshita's, "oh gosh i'm sonervous and i'm not even playing!"

the whistle blew, indicating karasuno had one the first set, the team leaving the court to get water.

yamaguchi wasn't wrong, m/n got to play for a bit during the end of the second set—even managing to get a point or two.

speaking of yamaguchi, the male was currently sulking besides tsukishima. he had 'accidentally' looked over the seat to see m/n on a video call with both iwaizumi and oikawa and that dampened his mood quite a bit.

yamaguchi wouldn't want to call himself judgmental but why would m/n choose them—two people who went to a different school—over him, someone who was close by and easy to see often? but m/n obviously really liked them and who was he to tell m/n he shouldn't? but that didn't mean he couldn't feel jealous.

yamaguchi suddenly had an idea, popping over the seat and tapping m/n's shoulder, "hey, do you want to hang out this weekened?"

m/n took out one of his headphones, looking back with an apologetic look, "i'm sorry...i didn't hear you..."

"i asked if you wanted to hang out this weekend...maybe?"

m/n paused for a moment, racking his brain for any possible plans he had, "yeah, i'm free...i think."

"oh...no you can't come...he asked me..." m/n said into his microphone. yamaguchi assumed one of the two males had asked to join them and the first year was a little happy to hear m/n tell whoever it was no. he's not mean, he just wanted m/n to himself for one day!

"okay cool, cool, yeah, i'll text you when." yamaguchi said before slumping back into his seat. he ignored the look from tsukishima and closed his eyes, leaning back with a small sigh.

he didn't even care if it wasn't a date, at least he gets to hang out with m/n!

NOTE .

yo, the amount of times i rewrote this chapter is mind blowing. i have like 5 drafts for this chapter alone....

also, adrian sent me this picture....if i have to see it so do you.