twenty three

i got a 98 on my college alg test so take this unedited gift :D

"m/n, rei, can i talk to you guys in private." daichi asked, motioning to follow him across the gym.

it was obvious there was something wrong with the brothers, usually when they partnered up in twos for receives rei and m/n immediately went together—they were each others unofficial receiving partners.

they didn't always get along so they sometimes switched with tanaka and ennoshita but today they only glared at each other, purposely hitting the ball to each other where it would be hard to receive.

"what's going on between the two of you?" he asked gently, looking between the brothers and hoping one of them will stop being so stubborn and just speak.

"rei? m/n?" he asked again, crossing his arms.

"rei's just being an idiot." m/n muttered, glaring at the ground.

"i'm the idiot? no, no, no, you have it backwards." rei shot back, making m/n roll his eyes.

at this point m/n could care less about
what his brother thought, which is extremely new as he always looked up to him. "okay." that single word was passive aggressive, like he didn't care but it was obvious m/n did.

"you guys need to talk this out. we can't play as a team if two of our teammates are fighting." daichi said, "i don't want to have to bench you guys."

"i'm already never in the game, it doesn't matter."

rei laughed, "this is exactly what i'm talking about. you go ahead and see these people for what? a couple days already and you're acting like this? this. this is why i didn't approve of them."

"no, you don't approve of them because...because you're you and you're judgmental!" m/n said with a glare.

"from now on you can't see them."

m/n looked at his brother in shock, what the hell os wrong with him?!

"enough." daichi said sternly, pushing m/n away from rei. "i don't know what's happening but this needs to stop, neither of you are playing next game."

"dai, you can't be serious." rei mumbled, looking at the captain in shock, "you're joking right?"

daichi looked away and shook his head, "i'm serious, now get back to practice."

m/n huffed, he was already upset and three seconds away from snapping. "tanaka, do you mind if i steal your partner? unfortunately you'll have to have rei though." he said eyeing his brother as he walked up to tanaka.

"he's all yours.." tanaka said with an encouraging smile, "lighten up! you'll play again in no time!"

the rest of the day for m/n was long and uneventful, work wasn't busy so he had nothing to keep him from thinking of his brothers words. is he seriously trying to stop m/n from seeing oikawa and iwaizumi? even so, he wouldn't listen. m/n's been following him blindly for far too long, he deserves this.