06 - Back at the Beach

Noah made sure the wash his swimming shorts before meeting Oliver at the beach.

"Hey," Noah greeted his best friend when he got to the beach and spotted Oliver.

"Hey!" Oliver smiled. "It's been a while."

"Yeah," Noah agreed.

"School is starting soon," Oliver said as Noah laid his beach towel on the sand next to Oliver.

"Oh, don't remind me," Noah said, dropping his bag next to his beach towel.

"We're starting high school," Oliver said.

"Four more years until we graduate," Noah laid down on his towel.

"Yeah," Oliver said. "I can't believe we're starting high school."

"Yeah. It's crazy."

"The next thing we know is that we're graduating high school."

"And going off to college."

"Yeah."

"My dad began talking to me about which colleges I want to go to," Noah said.

"Already?"

"Yeah," Noah confirmed. "He said its never to early to think about it."

"Do you know what you wanna do?"

"I have an idea," Noah said, sitting up. "But I don't know. I don't want to say anything now."

Oliver nodded.

"Do you know what you're gonna do?" Noah asked Oliver.

"I haven't really thought about it," he shrugged. "I don't really know what I want to do in college."

Noah nodded. 

They talked for a bit before going to jump into the water and swimming around messing with each other in the water.

Noah made sure to keep reapplying sunscreen on him so his sunburn from the previous day doesn't get worse. 

"What happened for you to get burnt this bad" Oliver asked as he helped Noah apply sunscreen on his back. 

"I was here yesterday," Noah explained. "The cast of the show I'm working on and I were here yesterday and I didn't reapply sunscreen enough times."

"Yikes," Oliver said.

Oliver finished applying the sunscreen on Noah's back.

"Yeah, it's bad," Noah said. "I know."

"Real bad," Oliver agreed. "You know, you could've told me that you got burnt and we could've done something else."

"It's fine," Noah assured Oliver as he applied the sunscreen on his legs. "I wanted to come to the beach too."

"Yeah, but still..." Oliver said.

"Are you hungry?" Noah asked. "It's almost three o clock."

"Now that I'm thinking about it, I am hungry," Oliver said. "Let's go to that burger place at the pier."

Noah nodded.

Oliver and Noah packed up their things and went to the pier. The restaurant was really busy with families. 

They stood in line for around twenty minutes. Oliver ordered first and Noah ordered after him.

"Go get us a table," Noah said. "I'll get our good."

"Are you sure, Noah?" Oliver asked.

Noah nodded. "Yeah."

Oliver got them a table and Noah waited for their food to get ready.

When Oliver's name was called and Noah's name a minute later, Noah picked up their orders and walked over to their table.

Oliver stood up and waved at Noah for him to know where Oliver was sitting at. 

Noah set their food on the table and sat across Oliver. 

They began to eat and talk about the upcoming school year and their acting work. After lunch, they walked around the pier, getting into a few rides before leaving.

Oliver's mother came to pick them up and they dropped Noah home.

"Has the sunburn gotten worse?" Noah asked his dad when he got home.

He took off his shirt for his dad to see.

"A little bit," Frank said. "I would advise you not to go to the beach or any place where you'll be under the sun for hours at a time until the sunburn goes away."

Noah nodded. 

He went up to his room to take a shower and change into his clothes.