16 - Report Card

The new semester started. Frank took Noah and Grace to their schools before he headed to work.

"We're getting our report cards during homeroom," Oliver said.

"Yeah," Noah said, nervously. "How do you think you did?"

"I think I did okay," Oliver said. "I think that I passed everything except History."

"History wasn't that bad," Noah said. "Spanish is the class I think I did terrible in.

"Spanish was a piece of cake," Oliver said.

"For you," Noah said. "Dude, you live in a Spanish majority neighborhood."

"Yeah, so?"

"So?" Noah repeated. "Spanish is really easy for you."

"What about you?" Oliver asked. "Your neighborhood is pretty diverse."

"Yeah, but I don't live in a Spanish majority neighborhood," Noah said.

"You're overreacting, Noah," Oliver said as he waved at a friend of his.

"Dad knows I'm not the best in Spanish," Noah said. "So if I don't do well..."

"He knows," Oliver finished Noah's sentence. "I've got football practice after school. I can't drop you home."

"It's fine," Noah assured Oliver. "I'll find another ride home."

Oliver nodded. 

Noah and Oliver joined their group of friend before it was time to head to class. 

They were able to talk to their friends for a bit before they had to head to class.

"It's homeroom," Noah said, anxiously. "Report card time."

Oliver laughed, nervously.

In Oliver and Noah's school, whichever class is their first period class in schedule, that is their homeroom class. The very first class they had was History, which meant their history teacher and their classmates in that class were their homeroom. Their history teacher was responsible to tell them any school related announcements and activities and give them their report cards when it's time.

Noah and Oliver took their seats.

Their classmates entered the class behind them and took their seats as the bell rang and their teacher began tot get their attention.

"It's time for report cards," their teacher announced. "Before I hand you the report card, I will be showing you guys a video with all the announcements for the week."

He played the video on the projector with the announcements. Some of the clubs at school announced openings for the clubs or events they're holding. Their sports director announced upcoming try outs for sports and their principle notified them about a fire drill practice they will be holding the following day during fourth period.

After the announcements, their teacher quickly went over what they will be doing during the semester before he handed them their report cards. He assigned them to read a few pages and take notes from a chapter from the textbook as he called everyone up.

Noah anxiously tapped his foot on the ground as he waited for his teacher to call his name. 

"Noah Evans," his teacher finally called him.

Noah looked up, his heart rate increasing rapidly as he got up from his desk.

He glanced at his best friend who watched him get his report card.

Noah didn't look at his report card until he sat down at his desk.

"How did you do?" Oliver whispered, leaning towards Noah.

"I don't know," Noah whispered. "Haven't checked yet."

Noah opened the envelop containing his report card.

He took out the piece of paper and unfolded it.

Most of the grades he got on the exams were A's and B's. He got one C- and as expected, it was for Spanish.

"I passed all of my exams," Noah smiled, looking up at Oliver. "I got a C- on the Spanish exam."

"Hey, see, I told you," Oliver said. "You did fine."

Noah smiled even more. 

"I got mainly B's," Noah looked back at his report card. "A few A's. The exam brought my Spanish grade up to a D+. Thank God."

"Well done," Oliver smiled.

"Thanks," Noah said. 

"Oliver, Noah," their teacher suddenly said.

The two boys jumped.

"Yes, sir?" Oliver said.

"If you're going to talk, please lower your voices," he told them. "Your classmates are still working."

"Sorry, sir," Noah said.

"Sorry," Oliver said. 

Noah and Oliver looked back at each other, guiltily. They returned to their work. Oliver was eventually called up to get his report card.

By the time Oliver was called, he and Noah finished working on their assigned work.

"How did you do, Oliver?" Noah asked.

Most of the class were done as well.

Oliver opened up his envelop and took out the report card. He unfolded it and took a look.

"I did great," Oliver smiled happily. "I passed everything. I even got a B- on the History exam."

Noah smiled. "That's great."

The class soon ended and Oliver and Noah went to their next class.