10 - Homecoming

It was finally Homecoming. Noah and Sabrina were planning on going to eat with Annie and her date but had to back out last minute. Sabrina was fine with it, but she texted Noah last minute that something came up at the same time they were supposed to get something to eat.

Noah was fine with it. He just assumed that she might have had a last minute appointment or something and needed a bit more time to get ready for homecoming. 

His grandfather dropped them off at the school and Sabrina and Noah assured him that they have a ride back home.

"Peyton is coming, right?" Sabrina asked.

"Yeah," Noah said. "He invited a friend of his from another school to come with him. He texted me a few minutes ago saying that he and his date are already here."

Sabrina nodded. 

They walked into the school went to the gym, where Homecoming was being held.

Music was being blasted on the speakers and students were dancing to the music and having fun.

Noah began to look for Peyton and Oliver, who had texted him that they were at the dance.

"Do you see Peyton?" Noah said.

"Yeah," Sabrina said a few seconds later. "I found him!"

"Where?"

Sabrina took Noah's hand and began to lead him to where Peyton and his date were at.

"Hey," Peyton said, smiling.

"Hey," Noah said.

"Hi!"

"This is Emily," Peyton said, introducing his date to Noah and Sabrina.

"Hi, I'm Sabrina," Sabrina said, introducing herself.

"I'm Noah," Noah said.

"Hi," she smiled.

"Did you guys just get here?" Peyton asked.

"Yeah," Sabrina said. 

"Did Oliver come yet?" Noah asked.

"He's by the food," Peyton said.

Noah looked over to the food table.

"I'll be right back," Noah said to Sabrina, Peyton and Emily.

Sabrina nodded and Noah left.

Sabrina, Peyton and Emily began to talk about something as Noah walked over to the food table.

"Hey," Noah said.

"Hey, Noah," Oliver said. "When did you get here?"

"I just go there," Noah said.

"Did you bring a date?"

"Yeah, she's talking to Peyton and his date," Noah said.

Oliver looked over Noah's shoulder to see Sabrina with Peyton and Emily.

"Oh, that's great," Oliver smiled.

"Yeah," Noah agreed. "Where's Brianna?"

"She texted me saying that she got sick and wasn't able to come," Oliver said.

"Oh, sorry about that," Noah said. 

"It's fine," Oliver said. "She said that she wouldn't mind if I came without her."

Noah nodded.  "You can hang out with me and my date. I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

"Nah, it's fine," Oliver said. "Some of my friends don't have dates. I'll be hanging out with them."

"If you change your mind..."

Oliver knew what Noah was going to say and nodded.

"Alright, I'll see you later," Noah said. "Have fun."

"You too!" 

Noah went back to Sabrina, Peyton and Emily. 

When he came back, Sabrina and Emily dragged Peyton and Noah to the dance floor. Noah tried to protest, but Sabrina wasn't having it. They dance the entire night.

The entire time, Noah was constantly looking over at Annie and her date who was a junior at the high school. He was the captain of the basketball team.

Noah wished that he was Annie's date, but he was having fun with Sabrina. 

Sabrina noticed how often Noah was looking over at Annie, but didn't say anything. She didn't want to say anything.

About two and a half hours in, Noah and Sabrina left with Peyton and Emily. Emily had her license and was able to drop them home.

Homecoming was fun since Noah was there with his friends, but a part of him wished he never came. He realized that school dances aren't really his thing. It's not something he would go out of his way to go to. 

***

Noah woke up really late the following day. Before Emily dropped them all home, they went to get something to eat and it led them to staying out way past midnight. 

Noah didn't get to sleep until two in the morning. His grandparents and sister were already asleep when he went to sleep. He texted his grandparents letting them know that he was coming home really late and not to wait up on him.

When Noah woke up, he picked up his phone and checked his messages. He had a few texts from Sabrina. She wanted to meet up with him for lunch and Peyton texted saying that they should go out for dinner with Corey.

He responded to them agreeing to the plans and got out of bed. 

He changed and made himself a smoothie to drink. He wasn't really craving anything and thought that a smoothie was a great replacement for breakfast. 

As Noah took a sip from his smoothie, Frank began to call him.

Noah answered the call and put the call on speaker.

"Hey, Dad," Noah greeted his dad.

"Hey, Noah," Frank said. "How was homecoming?"

"It was good," Noah said.

"Who did you take?"

"Sabrina," he said.

"Oh! That's good," Frank said. 

"We just went as friends," Noah said.

"How's Grace?" Frank asked.

"She's good," Noah said. "I think Grandma and Grandpa said that one of her friends is coming over today."

"Is she awake?" Frank asked.

"Hold on," Noah said, picking up his phone and going upstairs.

He knocked on Grace's door and entered.

"Grace?"

"Yeah?" Grace said, looking up. 

She was sitting next to her closet, picking out something to wear with their grandmother.

"Dad's on the phone," he said.

He handed his phone to Grace and his grandmother for them to talk to Frank. He left the room, knowing that when they're done talking to Frank, they'll bring back his phone back to him.

Around thirty minutes later, Noah's grandfather came into Noah's room and handed his phone back to him.

Frank was still on the line. 

Noah talked to his dad a little longer before having to hang up.