Prologue

"Slave of destiny that is tangled like the yarn in the fence of wander ... I am lost ..." 

*Beep Beep Beep*

      I groggily opened my eyes as the alarm blared in its irritating tone. I pressed the stop button and sat up in my bed, rubbing my eyes to shake off the slumber. I got off the bed and did my morning routine before getting ready for college. I had some cereal for breakfast and was ready to leave.

      I had to walk for a while 'til I reached the subway station. From there I had to take the train to go to College since it was a little far from my apartment complex. I checked the time on my phone as I reached the subway station. It was 9:04 AM right now and college started at 9:30. It only took 10 minutes from the train to go to college so I was a little early. The train arrived and I got in.

    Ten minuted later, I got off the train and out of the subway station. I walked to the college gate as many other students did. I was an art student at the university as I was really into painting, sketching and stuff. Plus it was sort of a distraction for me to escape from reality.

     I reached my classroom and sat down at my desk. Students started filling in and the Professor walked in after a while. Just as he was about to start the class, the door opened revealing a heavily panting and sweating Lee Minhyuk. He apologized for being late and walked in. He made his way to the seat beside me and sat down.

"You're late again," I said looking at my best friend

"Yeah, I couldn't find my socks." He answered catching his breath.

     I sighed, shaking my head at his carelessness before turning my attention back to the class. But before the Professor could say anything, the opened once again. This time it was Son Hyunwoo who walked in. He apologized and went to sit in his seat at the back of the class.

     The class was now a little noisy as students giggled and whispered

     The class was now a little noisy as students giggled and whispered. Mostly girls because Hyunwoo was known as the idol of the University. He was better known as Shownu around the college. He was tall, handsome and good at painting. He was also good at Taekwondo and Kendo. Though he was a bit emotionless and spoke less, he was looked up to by a lot of people. Minhyuk was able to befriend him because Minhyuk was very talkative and would speak to Hyunwoo whenever he got the chance. Whereas I knew him because he went to the Kendo classes where my father was a teacher.

The Professor cleared his throat in the mic and the class went silent as the lecture began about an assignment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That's how I found them. As soon as I did, I put them on and ran to Uni. I thought that I'd faint any moment judging by how fast I ran. You must have seen how hard I was sweating, right? " Minhyuk spoke.

"Yeah," I replied.

        Minhyuk was explaining how his socks disappeared from where he placed them and how he finally found them later as we walked to the cafe we ​​both worked at. It was Minhyuk who started working there first and asked me if I wanted to work too. I didn't need to work since my father would pay for my college and my other expenses but I asked him not to since I wanted to work. Well, working was another distraction after all ...

       We reached the Traveler cafe and changed into our uniforms before starting to work. There were fewer people today compared to every day. We didn't have to take a lot of orders so we had to clean up for a while before our shift ended. Minhyuk's house was a little far and he had to take a bus so I had to walk my way back home alone.

       I walked home, had some dinner and took a shower. After that, I sat down to complete the painting I had been working on. I couldn't finish it earlier because of work. I managed to complete it in an hour so I let it sit to dry. As I was organizing the paints and brushes, my eyes fell on a hardback book kept on the desk. It was a diary. My dead sister's diary.

     I didn't dare open it because I already knew what was on there and I could do anything to avoid it. I tried to hold back tears as I placed it back in its place.

If only I stayed...

If only I was with her that night...

She would still be alive.

She wouldn't have committed suicide.

A/N- Hi, Hello, Annyeong! So, this is my first fanfic here. Please tell me how I'm doing and vote if you liked it. Bye~