Chapter 17 Jealousy

Y/N's POV-

      I came back around 7 and opened the front door. I walked inside the living room but no one was there. I frowned and went upstairs to Hyungwon's study. I knocked on the door and waited for a response. He opened the door a few seconds later.

"Hey, I'm back," I said.

Hyungwon nodded.

"So, what did you need to tell me?" I asked.

Hyungwon took a minute to go inside his study and came back with a card and handed it to me. I looked at it and my eyes widened.

"It's your address right?" He asked.

"Yeah, but why is Kihyun's name...?" I said.

"You know him?" Hyungwon asked.

"Yes, he's the neighbour I told you about," I said.

"What can you tell me about him?" Hyungwon asked.

"Well, he doesn't talk much but he is a kind person, he helped me on many occasions. He lives alone and I think he's pursuing his Degree." I explained.

"Do you know anything about his personal life?" He asked.

"No, we're not that close," I said.

Hyungwon nodded, his expression showed he was thinking deeply about something.

"But why do you want to know about him suddenly?" I asked.

"He is the next person who gets the watch," Hyungwon said.

"Kihyun?" I asked a little shocked.

"Yes, but I don't know how he will use it." He said.

"I think he will use it well, but it's kinda weird that every person I know is somehow related to these watches... Ah, that reminds me!" I said and took out a broken watch from my pocket.

I handed it to Hyungwon. He looked at it and back to me.

"Minhyuk's watch was broken when they fired at him. I thought you could fix it and brought it with me. Do you think you can?" I asked.

"I can't," Hyungwon said.

"Huh? Why not? It's just a few parts that are broken. It can be fixed right?" I said in anticipation.

"This only brings you closer to your fate, but this watch cannot become your fate. His fate has already met him. Therefore, he doesn't need it anymore and I don't need to fix it," Hyungwon said.

"Then Minhyuk's fate was... Changkyun...?" I said.

"Once you get this watch, your time starts then and there. And once you've reached your destiny, it's time up." He said. I listened to him and heaved a sigh after a pause

"Then... where will my fate lead me...?" I mumbled.

"And what if my broken fate is all I'll have at the end of this...? What if I run out of time before I could even get through this and fail to bring my sister back?" I looked up at Hyungwon with a worried expression.

"Don't think about that too much. It'll be okay," He said.

"Ah! I almost forgot. What did you find about Wonho's watch? You seemed a little disturbed back there too." I asked changing the subject.

Hyungwon took his hand off my head and took out the said watch from his pant's pocket. He then pulled his sleeve up to reveal his watch on his wrist. He put them side by side and to my surprise, they almost were the same.