Chapter 7 Escape

Minhyuk's POV-

       I stood at the bus stop waiting for the bus to arrive at night. I looked down at the watch in my palm. Without thinking, I pulled the crown and turned it before pressing it again. I was just playing with it, I didn't have anything better to do anyway.

      Just then, everything around me changed and it was suddenly day time. I looked around and found myself in sort of an alleyway. 'Where the hell am I?' I thought. As I was taking everything in, I saw three men wearing a black suit and sunglasses walk into the alleyway. They spotted me and started coming towards me.

       I just stood there confused about what was happening. Suddenly, a hand grabbed mine and I was pulled into another alley. I didn't know what to do but I just went with the flow and ran along with the person running with me. I didn't know who he was cause I couldn't see his face. I looked back at the men and saw that they were running after us.

      The man in front of me pulled me through different alleyways and I ran with him. 'He's saving me from them, I guess? But why? Who is he? Who are they?' I thought as I looked at him confused. After running a good distance, we came to a stop and sat down on the road to catch our breath. I looked at the guy sitting beside me. He looked a little familiar to me. I was going to ask him who he was but one of the men was walking past the alleyway and spotted us.

        We quickly got up and started running again. I ran as fast as I could and I felt like I would collapse any minute. I had no idea who these men were and why they were chasing us. The watch could make me teleport and also warp time but at this point, I started regretting using it in the first place.

       After a while, we outran the scary men again but we ran into a dead end. I leaned on a wall and started panting heavily while the other guy did the same. He looked at me and smiled. He looked so familiar when he did that, it brought back memories of my childhood. He looked just like someone I knew. Just like...

"Changkyun?" I breathed out.

"Recognised me finally," He said smiling wider.

      I started smiling too. It brought back so many memories. We were the best of friends back then and I finally met him. I missed him so much over the years. I walked over to him and pulled him in a tight hug and he hugged me back. We parted and sat down in the corner since neither of us had the energy to stand anymore.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"Those men came to me a few days ago and asked me to search for you. I did and told them but later recognised you. I didn't know what they'd do to you so I came to save you. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told them all that," He said.

"But why are they after me?" I asked.

"I don't know but I heard them talking about some watch," He said.