ted | three

(i viscerally hate this chapter. it makes zero sense. just a head's up.)

Mother, Cordelia, Electrika and Glacia ran out of the hospital and to where they supposed the address was. Elfida, who was being carried by Mother, started to cry. 

"What's the matter?" Cordelia asked.

"I'd be crying too if I wasn't with my real Mother." Glacia said. (or... ya know... babies just cry sometimes.)

Once they got to the little cottage that the address matched, they knocked on the door. They heard big screams and something falling and crashing to the ground, breaking. (how did they HEAR an object falling, lol?) A woman rushed to the door and answered it. 

"Yes...?" The woman answered wearily. 

"Hello, I am Mildred. I own that baby in there. Here's yours." Mother said. She tried to hand Elfida to the woman. (whAT)

"No, Mother." Glacia said, shaking her head. "May we have our baby? You don't have to take back yours." (WHAT)

"Of course! If you can take this little demon off my hands, so be it! I think she may be Actiniumite the way she acts!" The woman answered. (LITERALLY WHAT IS HAPPENING)

"She is." Was all Glacia had to say before a little baby girl was being tossed out the door. (TOSSED?)

"And stay away! I don't want my baby anymore!" The woman shouted. "To think! MY baby being touched by an Actiniumite!"

And with that she slammed the door shut. Glacia rushed to catch the baby. (lol, i have an image of the baby being thrown in the air, and then that entire exchange, it's just flying through the air until someone could be bothered to catch her.) They all gathered around to look at her. All but Electrika.

The baby had brown hair that surprisingly had green streaks in them naturally. (i'm so done with my past self.) She had green eyes with an explosion of brown and her skin was tan and had a greenish tone to it.

"Now let's get out of here!" (only after you've spent some time looking at the baby, lol. logic.) Mother cried. "That woman is probably phoning the Zelindian police right now!"

So Glacia, Electrika, Cordelia, and Mother ran as fast as they could while carrying two infants with them. But along the way, they ran into trouble. (of course.)

"Guards." Glacia whispered. "Zelindian Guards."

They all ducked behind a bush.

"There's more than two hundred, has to be." Electrika said. (dang, how did the guards just sneak up on you?)

"How will we get out of this?" Cordelia panicked.

"Girls," Mother said, "I know I'm asking a lot from you, but your Magic is our only hope. You know I don't have Magic, but if I did, I would do it if I could. Can you work together and teleport us home?" (literally nobody mentioned them haviNG MAGIC up until this point. love that character development.)

Nobody moved a muscle, all three girls staring at Mother.

"I... I can't. I haven't specialized in teleporting, Mother, just water-related things." Cordelia admitted. (cordelia is legit a failure)

"And my teleporting would burn all you wimps." Electrika said. "Are you sure five hundred degrees is too hot?" (we get it, electrika, you're edgy and fiery.)

"Yes." Mother said. "Glacia, sweetie."

Glacia took a deep breath. "I've never teleported so many people so far away. I don't know if I could do it." (all you have to do is get y'all far enough away to sneak off...)

"Did you hear something?" They heard a deep voice say.

"The Guards heard us!" (lol yeah because you're sitting in a random bush talking to each other) Mother whispered, turning pale. "Glacia, you have to hurry." 

"They're getting closer!" Cordelia gasped.

"Hurry!" Electrika said.

They saw the shadow of a Zelindian Guard creeping up to the bush. And then...

(CLIFFHANGER WOAH)