ted | four

(prepare yourselves, because this is the worst chapter of them all. you'll see what i mean once you read the first three sentences.)

Hello, there. You're probably wondering who I am and why I interrupted at such an inconvenient cliff-hanger. I'm the author of this book. (see? what'd i tell you? i literally broke the fourth wall. what the heck.) Oh, you want to find out if Glacia was able to teleport her family back home to their father (who, all this time, was waiting to see the one baby)? (um i guess?) Yes, she was able to. Her father welcomed in the Zelindian, Elfida, like she was his own. Now we are going to fast forward a couple of hundred years.

I'm sure you're wondering why I would make the first three chapters about characters that were now dead because we skipped through a couple of centuries. Well, surprise! They're not dead- Actiniumites are immortal. (how convenient.) Oh, Elfida, who isn't an Actiniumite? Don't worry, Zelindians live to be about three hundred fifty before they die- unless they are immortal because they are part Elvish or Actiniumite, but in this case, Elfida isn't. So there. (then why did you tell me all that?) This chapter is just to review the two hundred years you've missed. (if it was worth an author's note chapter to tell you what happened in the time lapse, chances are you didn't need to have a time lapse.)

During this time (about five years after they returned) the Zelindian Guards found Mother and asked if she had five year old girls in the house. When Mother said yes, they said they wanted to see them. Mother didn't want trouble to she brought Elfida and Terra (that was what they named the baby, Terra, meaning Nature) to them. (nice of you to mention her name in the middle of the sentence.) The Guards took one look at Elfida and thought she was Zelindian.

"You're the woman who kidnapped a Zelindian and terrorized the one that had your baby!" One Guard said. (wow astute observation, sir.)

And, right before Elfida and Terra's eyes, the Guards took out their swords to stab Mother. (wow i'm so good at writing action.) Mother gasped, looking at Elfida and Terra as she fell to the floor, motionless. Then the Guards left. (k bye lol) Terra and Elfida, being only five, didn't know what to do. So they ran into the woods with Mother's body and buried her best they could as far away from the house as they were allowed to go. (AHAHA WHAT) They went back, and their Father asked where Mother was, and Terra and Elfida just told him how sorry they were for him, that Mother left him. (WOAH OKAY) They said Mother was tired of her life and left, without seeing Terra and Elfida there spying on her. It was a lie, of course. (duh) But they were only five, after all, and didn't know better. Later they found the consequences of lying. (okay in what world would two 5 year olds see their mother get murdered, panic, bury the body, and then tell their dad that she leFT HIM?)

Father was so sad. (DUH) He started acting funny at first, pale, not speaking to the girls, just drudging off to work before the girls woke up and coming home for dinner and going to bed. He existed on the outside, but felt dead on the inside because he thought his wife had left him. He went on like this, locking himself in his room and only coming out for occasionally coming out for food to stock up in his room so he wouldn't have to come out as often. At night time, the girls could hear him screaming and crying out in loud yells: "Why did she leave me? WHY?" Those words would ring in the girls' ears for all their coming years. (of course they would, that's kinda traumatic. why wouldn't elfida and terra say something at that point?)

Glacia had become very responsible after those coming years, her father being in his room all day every day now, not even going to work, so she had to cook, clean, and hunt food for her family. Of course, Electrika helped hunt, for this was her favorite. She called it "extreme tag". (okay i seriously like electrika lol) But Glacia was the only one that knew how to cook and clean house properly, so she was the one to do it. (okay y'all, get ready for the biggest run-on sentence that's ever been written. brace yourselves.) Not to mention teaching Terra and Elfida (they didn't have schools in the Boundaries so Mother had taught her daughters herself, but Terra and Elfida had only just gotten old enough to be taught when their Mother was killed), bringing food to Father and trying to get him to eat (he was becoming very sick because he had recently stopped eating, but he wouldn't except help from Glacia), and taking care of Electrika (who was a troublemaker), Glacia was so busy she couldn't hardly ever sit down to rest. (that's right, that whole block of text was ONE sentence.)