ted | five

(buckle up, this one's a long one. i love how i wrote a 400 word chapter a bit ago and then this one's, like, 3000 words.)

"Glacia, someone's here to see you." Cassandra called. She fluttered into the room.

"Ok, let them come in. What's the case?" Glacia asked. She was sitting drinking tea in her living room, with ice walls and ice couches. There was one sofa that was normal- that was for people who visited and didn't like to sit on ice. (okay yeah, who would?)

"It's a Blagdenite father. His daughter is sick." Cassandra said gruffly. "Are you sure you want to take the case if it's a Blagdenite? I mean, he might have a trick up his sleeve..."

"Oh, don't be silly." Glacia said. "Why would he risk his life coming here for nothing, a prank? Let him come in." (if only you knew how great a length a guy would go with a prank... *cough* travis *cough*)

"Okay, but I'm not too sure about this." Cassandra said as she flew out.

A man came in, wearing all black with a black cape. His skin was scorched from working with fire and coal, as all Blagdenites did. He looked somewhat old, and walked with a limp. His curly, black hair bounced as he ran in. (wait... did he just run in after i said he walked with a limp? he ran with a limp?) His black eyes were filled with misery and pain, but still soft and kind.

"My name is Mitchell Blanding." He said, his eyes filling with tears. "My daughter, Brangwen, is very ill. We went to the doctors in Zelindia, for we have no doctors in our home of the Dark Depths, and they said she would be dying in the next day or so, but they wouldn't help her. My wife and I are very worried. Please help. I understand if you do not, since I'm a Blagdenite, but I came nonetheless. You are my last reort."

"Of course I'll help." Glacia said.

"You will?" Cassandra and Mitchell said at the same time. Mitchell said it with happiness and Cassandra's voice suggested surprise and a bit of grief and drudgery. (wow that was a heavy "you will?" from cassandra lol)

"Yes." Glacia said as she walked over to a cupboard made of ice. (wow surprise it was made of ice.) She pulled out a small glass bottle with light blue liquid in it. "Never has a Blagdenite come in search of my help or healings. They usually do not care enough to come out of the Dark Depths for someone besides themselves. I admire that in you, Mr. Mitchell. Because of your courage, kindness, and patience with Cassandra, I will save Brangwen." (i just... really hate the way she talks.) She gave Mitchell the potion in the bottle. "Give one drop to her twice daily, after breakfast and dinner. Do not give her any more than a drop, or she will surely die. (wow okay harsh) Continue this until she clears up of her sickness, and if there is any left in the bottle, do not worry. It will bring itself back to me on its own. If it runs out before she gets better, it will refill itself. I wish you the best of luck."

"Oh, thank you, Miss Glacia, all great and magnificent!" Mitchell said. (overkill much?)

"Just call me Glacia, please." Glacia said, blushing. "I feel older than I really am if I am called Miss." (wait, him saying "miss" was your only issue with that title?)

"Of course, of course, Glacia." Mitchell said. "Thank you again. What do I owe you?"

"The pleasure is all mine, you walk with no charge." Glacia said warmly. ("you walk with no charge" i want to barf.)

"Oh, thank you! No one has shown this much kindness to a Blagdenite ever before!" Mitchell said, rushing to get home to his daughter.

Once he was gone, Glacia went back to sipping her tea. (she's like "okay chill i just saved this girl's life. where's my tea?)