5

Reader POV

I woke up a bit later. It was nighttime.

I looked up and saw Nozel looking out the window with his head resting on his elbow which was resting on the space between the window.

He noticed me moving and immediately blushed. "(y-y/n)!"

"Nozel," I slowly sat up and I felt something hard.

He reached into his pocket and got out his phone. "Sorry if that was bothering you."

"No,"

I moved off his lap. "Why was I on your lap?"

"I thought you'd be more comfortable," he said.

I looked outside. "What time is it?"

"It's..." he opened his phone. "Seven."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Ms. Osamu came around and said we'd have half-an-hour until we're in Hokkaido."

I heard my stomach growl.

He laughed and leaned over, reaching into his bag. "I figured you'd get hungry at some point. I have some snacks if you want to share."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Well, when you aren't annoying, you're actually pretty cool to be around."

"Stole the words right out of my mouth."

He had a lunchbox cooler so the food was still in good shape. He handed me an ongiri and a bottle of water.

"Thanks."

I saw snow outside of the train's windows. The moon shone ahead and filtered into the semi-lit train.

I looked behind me and saw some students sleeping. I saw Shino had his arms around Skyrin and the two lovebirds were sleeping.

"Aww," I cooed. "They're so cute."

I noticed something about Nozel as he kept tapping at his phone. His messy silver hair looked fluffy. I reached over and patted it.

He grasped my wrist. "What are you doing?"

"My hypothesis was correct," I moved my hand away. "Your hair is fluffy."

...

Skyrin looked more alive now. "It's amazing, (y/n)! You, me, Rina, and Nebra are all sharing a dorm together!"

For the trip, the schools had rented out a college dorm room that wasn't used by anyone. It was conveniently located right by the boardwalk and a light show that would happen on Christmas- which was three days away.

The dorms all had four separate rooms for sleeping and common areas.

On the left side of the dorms were the men's dorms. The right side belonged to the females.

I helped the others make their beds before heading to the fridge. "We'll have to go food shopping later."

"No need," Nebra said. "Tomorrow morning, you're supposed to leave a list of foods you want for the trip and the people will buy it and stock up the kitchen area. As long as it doesn't go over the spending limit."

"Really?!"

Rina nodded. "Yes. Nebra and I shared a dorm last year with two other 2nd years. I wonder if they're here this year. They'd be third-years this year."

Around 10 pm, I checked the Grinberryal family group chat.

Asta and Yuno were having a fight to see who would become the better soccer player, my triplet brothers were spamming memes, and my parents left us all on read.